Just getting my intro bidness out of the way

Started by wind_knot, July 19, 2013, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wind_knot

Well, as you may have guessed it, I am a newb to this site. I have been fly fishing on and off for 20 years now and have been tying about the same. Most would assume I have some knowledge about the art, but that is where you'd be wrong  b'; I am sorta starting over after a long hiatus and am really kicking myself for ever skipping a day of it. As you know pics are appreciated so here are a few.
A recent SoHo brown (about 16")
[attach=1]
This was taken on the SoHo in Smyth Co, VA. I live about 15 miles from here so I fish this quite often.
[attach=2]
From a Rivers of Recovery trip I went on this past winter. I don't know why, but snow always produces trout!!
[attach=3]
[attach=4]
[attach=5]

Transylwader

wind_knot

overbrook

Quote from: wind_knot on July 19, 2013, 09:55:04 AM
Retired? Am I missing something?

"after a long hiatus"

We like naked midgets better than small trouts.....trout suck.  :;!

wind_knot

Gotch ya. Fresh outta midgets. So, back to your regularly scheduled midget toss, home edition.

Jfey

ehhh, post a good report or two and you will be all right.

Is that your bote?
Yup, going fishing

Dougfish

Quote from: Jfey on July 19, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
ehhh, post a good report or two and you will be all right.

Is that your bote?

What he said x2. And is that your boat?  :D  Newbs are required to row the old farts for a trip or two.
I'm up the road from you and fished your waters a month back. Good part of the world.

wind_knot

Sadly.  It isn't my bote. It's a dear friends bote though. And what do you consider old? I'm 33, decidedly not old, but have had 4 spine fusions already. So I feel and move like I am old.

wind_knot

Quote from: Dougfish on July 19, 2013, 11:20:07 AM

I'm up the road from you and fished your waters a month back. Good part of the world.

It's a great place to fish. I have Hungry Mother State Park practically in my backyard. And the Middle Fork in my front yard. A friend who lives on the North Fork of The Holston and the good spots on the South Fork of The Holston are just a half hours drive. Not including I am less than an hours drive to the SoHo tail waters. That means that I have many, many little wild trout streams around me as well!

RiverbumCO

Whats are the mothers hungry for at this state park?  Sounds like my kind of place.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

wind_knot

Sadly the weminz of the mother that is hungry don't usually bite when you want them too. And when they do, they nail you with that one toof that is sharp as a MOTHER focker.

They have one of the better walleye populations there and the grass carp are massive. Several types of bass and some musky and pike.

I finally got me a 7wt but am still in the market to finish the rig up. Hopefully I can get out there in the next week or so with my yak and my 6pc 6wt and lay some smack down with some flies I have been trying to perfect for just this lake.

I'll report back when the mission is complete.
Artsie fartsie picture of a boundary marker at HMSP
[attach=1]
One of my fishing partners
[attach=2]
That's my boat
[attach=3]
Some of the grass carp sunning themselves this past early spring
[attach=4]

wind_knot

So the carp picture turned into crap. Lets try this one.

wind_knot

MEH right back at you. (I have no better comeback so I have to resort to repeating yours!)

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

sanjuanwormhatch