News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hilton Head Island

Started by Big J, July 15, 2013, 13:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 06, 2013, 21:25:34 PM
That's a nice trout!  Be careful lipping them. That tooth or two will jack you up.
^ this. J you have lost your mind!

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on August 07, 2013, 07:24:58 AM
Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 06, 2013, 21:25:34 PM
That's a nice trout!  Be careful lipping them. That tooth or two will jack you up.
^ this. J you have lost your mind!

I've got man hands.  A little puncture wound to the hand never killed no one. I have four holes in my thumb for lipping it

I have however lost my mind.  Locked myself out this morning of the house.  Had no house or car keys and everyone with a spare is in HHI.  A swift kick to the door after working a credit card on it for 15 minutes did the job.  I however have another thing on the house to fix......  :-X

benben reincarnated

Nice work...on the door and fishing.   'c;

Maybe this would be a good solution for me since we need a new front door...help expedite the process.

Big J

Quote from: benben on August 07, 2013, 07:50:36 AM

Maybe this would be a good solution for me since we need a new front door...help expedite the process.

The door held up, the door frame on the other hand is going to need lots of work.  Going to have to nail the cracked 2x4 together, wood plastic it, screw in a new metal lock holes, paint, and yaddy yaddy ya.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on August 07, 2013, 08:07:06 AM
Quote from: benben on August 07, 2013, 07:50:36 AM

The door held up, the door frame on the other hand is going to need lots of work.  Going to have to nail the cracked 2x4 together, wood plastic it, screw in a new metal lock holes, paint, and yaddy yaddy ya.

If you go that route, I'd forgo the nails and just get some long ass deck screws and drive those it, they'll cinch it back up really well.

wind_knot

I suggest NOT hiring a ninja next time you need in to your house!! b';

sanjuanwormhatch

Trout of the saltwater variety fry up well. 

Dougfish

1. Hide a key.
2. Or get a garage addition with a keypad for the door. ;D
3. When the power goes out, resort to number 1.
4. Learn the art of stealthy burglary a little better.

Quote from: benben on August 07, 2013, 08:20:12 AM
If you go that route, I'd forgo the nails and just get some long ass deck screws and drive those it, they'll cinch it back up really well.

Why nail when you can screw? A great philosophy.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on August 07, 2013, 16:49:08 PM
1. Hide a key.

Agree, have #2, but one day when my son came home the power was off. He thought he could simply jack the door open, so he got the car jack and was working obit when a neighbor came over and told him he couldn't open it that way. Now, he was more determined than ever and he continued until the bottom panel buckled.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

1. Hide a key.

I glued, nailed, and screwed.   :laugh:  I glued the pieces back with plastic wood, nailed them together, then when it hardened I drilled a metal lock hole cover in with 6 long screws that covered up all the broken wood.  The molding looks alright.  I glued them back into place and repainted it.  It's noticeable if your looking for it, but good enough for me.  Lets just see if the wife thinks its good enough when she gets back in town  :-\

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on August 07, 2013, 18:07:22 PM
1. Hide a key.

I glued, nailed, and screwed.   :laugh:  I glued the pieces back with plastic wood, nailed them together, then when it hardened I drilled a metal lock hole cover in with 6 long screws that covered up all the broken wood.  The molding looks alright.  I glued them back into place and repainted it.  It's noticeable if your looking for it, but good enough for me.  Lets just see if the wife thinks its good enough when she gets back in town  :-\

Tell her you paid someone to do it, unless you already spilled the beans that you fixed it, and then see what she says about it when she sees it.  If it looks good, claim credit, if it looks bad, claim credit too...at least you'll get a more honest evaluation.

Big J

Quote from: benben on August 07, 2013, 19:33:24 PM

Tell her you paid someone to do it, unless you already spilled the beans that you fixed it, and then see what she says about it when she sees it.  If it looks good, claim credit, if it looks bad, claim credit too...at least you'll get a more honest evaluation.

I haven't even told her I kicked the door in  :laugh:  waiting for when she gets back cause I know it'll make her worry when she is on vacation.

She's also OCD so she will not approve of the way it looks even if it was professionally fixed.  Not that I care for her approval, just care for her to be able to live with it.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on August 07, 2013, 19:39:06 PM
Quote from: benben on August 07, 2013, 19:33:24 PM

I haven't even told her I kicked the door in  :laugh:  waiting for when she gets back cause I know it'll make her worry when she is on vacation.

She's also OCD so she will not approve of the way it looks even if it was professionally fixed.  Not that I care for her approval, just care for her to be able to live with it.

You're hosed. She signed up under the alias of F. You weeks ago.  :P

benben reincarnated

Quote from: benben reincarnated on October 29, 2013, 13:35:22 PM
More Unlimited Surfing Thread fodder:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/surfer-carlos-burle-may-have-broken-big-wave-record-in-portugal-164959087.html

I went to this place 2 weeks ago, no big waves that day though.  It was one of my must visit places while in Portugal.  There were some guys surfing smaller waves in the cove opposite of the town down from the cliffs.  I have no idea how big those waves where but at times people were surfing inside them and coming out the other end so they had to be fairly large.  The town of Nazare itself was a really cool, sleepy town which seems to have capitalized on the surfing culture.  Many foreign surfers hang out there in RV's and wait for the days when the ocean swells.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login