News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hilton Head Island

Started by Big J, July 15, 2013, 13:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

So....he died? I've been holding my breath just looking at the photo. I would have died
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

robspe7370

Quote from: Transylwader on July 17, 2013, 12:10:11 PM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

That is a pretty epic wave to paddle into sans sled.....if you surf you know looking down from the top of a wave seems twice as high as it looks from the beach. I would need my brown boardshorts just duckdiving something like that. bd;0

I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

Transylwader

Quote from: bullship on July 17, 2013, 20:33:15 PM
So....he died? I've been holding my breath just looking at the photo. I would have died
Ha, naw mate, he made the drop, but did get mauled by 20ft of white wash :o

Big J

Not as awesome as this wipeout that was recommended after watching the video you posted TW.

benben reincarnated

Now that this is the unlimited surfing thread, for those of you that haven't heard of Cortes Bank, check this shit out...pretty amazing geography and ocean forces at work.

Transylwader

Haha, unlimited charging big waves thread 8)
My top five beastmaster waves of the world (incl. unfortunate souls eating shit):
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCXnpOPD0k

Puerto is a viscious bitch. Playa Zicatela breaks on sand and you will eat shit

Iconic mainland US big wave spot: Mavs

Pea'hi or Jaws in Maui sticks three

The baddest wave on the planet IMHO

Bonus material: Ozzy boogie boarders getting thrown around like panties on a windy day /'/

robspe7370

Teahpoo and Newport are viscious waves. They may not get as big as Jaws, Mavs, or Cortes, but you can look at those waves and the way they break and see there is a razor thin margin of error. More than anything it is staying committed once you get into the drop, because if you hesitate or bail, you will pay!!!!
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

The Dude

I think it is funny that a post about Hilton Head got turned into an unlimited big wave surfing thread.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

sanjuanwormhatch

Synonymous, the two.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on July 18, 2013, 20:47:14 PM
I think it is funny that a post about Hilton Head got turned into an unlimited big wave surfing thread.
I think it's funny that you are a brick shit house and chase pune brookies!
Weird shit indeed ???

The Dude

Oh, I think you know why, Mike.  In fact, I'm certain of it.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

tomato can

When I did my time in HI I wanted no part of Waimea, Pipe or Sunset heck even Sandys was on my list of no thank you. 

Transylwader

Cranking the juice! Fortunately for Dungeons and the rest of the west of the cape peninsula, our continental shelf drops to several thousand feet just a few miles off the coast. I grew up surfing these waves. While I would probably get FUBAR coz Im no longer a lean 175lb pune, it sure fires me up to see the new skool crew charging these waves and ripping them to shreds. A small taste of what went down in my hometown yesterday...
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.621348794565799.1073741846.109477345752949&type=1
And for the fukkos who are solid into shark week? HoutBay is the locale where those chumps dragged a 50ft whale decoy and had a 5mile wife chum slick in the hopes of attracting Megalodon. If the wave doesn't kill you, the man in the grey suit will. Crazy South Africans /'/

Big J

I'm going to interrupt the surfing to add the week trip to HHI turned into a weekend trip.  Couldn't get the time off so I just went for the weekend.  It blew the time I had to explore the marshes and sounds so I just chunked flies into the surf for a little bit during low tide.  Hooked something that peeled some line but came unbuttoned after a short fight.  Have no idea what it was.  Got into some speckled trout though so I was happy.

Clemsontygerfan

That's a nice trout!  Be careful lipping them. That tooth or two will jack you up.