All Gold Err'thang (carp)

Started by sheepfly, July 13, 2013, 15:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

In my experience, 80% of carp fishing is finding the right fish.  Looks like you found 'em.   'c;

bullship

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on July 17, 2013, 13:40:29 PM
In my experience, 80% of carp fishing is finding the right fish.  Looks like you found 'em.   'c;

Yeah, no doubt. I usually fuck up my 2o% at least 80% of the time.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

snagaluffaguss

Ive got a fly for you and research shows that 60% of the time...

it works every time.

Carp are cool

#hashtagsareforteenagegirls

hope to get back down that way and fish with you on that lake.  Ill bring a bote.

RiverbumCO

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on July 17, 2013, 19:57:18 PM

#alwayscalledthatapoundsignornumbersign.  #stilldontfullyunderstandwhatahashtagisbutidontlikesoundingfullretardaroundsocialmediafucks

To sheep, wait until you tussle with a (hashtag) ten pounder.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

bullship

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on July 17, 2013, 19:57:18 PM
Ive got a fly for you and research shows that 60% of the time...

it works every time.

Carp are cool

hope to get back down that way and fish with you on that lake.  Ill bring a bote.

If you're talking to me please and thank you and I have a boat #iagreebuttheyarekindafunsinceyoucanputwordstogetherwithoutspacesorpunctuationwhichiswhyfourteenyearoldgirlsreallyliketotypetalkthiswaysincetheyhavesomanyimportantandrelevantthingstosaytoeachotherandallofusandtheyareveryexcitedtodosoyay

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.

RiverbumCO

Fine.  You win.  But i will continue to maintain that i have no idea how this '#' has any relevance in my life or the lives of others.  Save a kid, delete facebook.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

sheepfly

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 17, 2013, 21:57:03 PM
Fine.  You win.  But i will continue to maintain that i have no idea how this '#' has any relevance in my life or the lives of others.  Save a kid, delete facebook.

facebook is now just a advertising agent targeted for middle aged people's money. it's dying.  all the young ones are on twitter and instagram. twitter is real dumb. total self glorified self promotion, kind of like our fly fishing board here.

as for hashtags, they allow you to search social media for other post or pictures with the same hashtag.  for instance, if I tapped #carponthefly or #flyfisning on instagram i would see a bunch of other pictures that had that same hashtag that I wouldn't have been able to find otherwise.  and like bullship commented #hashtagsareareanexcellentformofhumordelivery  snag, your #yourteenagegirlcommentisagreatexample

hashtags are here to stay...for atleast like a year or something...

benben reincarnated

Carpmaster? 

I will say carp epitomize the saying, only a face a mother could love.

Quote from: sheepfly on July 18, 2013, 06:18:40 AM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 17, 2013, 21:57:03 PM

facebook is now just a advertising agent targeted for middle aged people's money. it's dying.  all the young ones are on twitter and instagram. twitter is real dumb. total self glorified self promotion, kind of like our fly fishing board here.

as for hashtags, they allow you to search social media for other post or pictures with the same hashtag.  for instance, if I tapped #carponthefly or #flyfisning on instagram i would see a bunch of other pictures that had that same hashtag that I wouldn't have been able to find otherwise.  and like bullship commented #hashtagsareareanexcellentformofhumordelivery  snag, your #yourteenagegirlcommentisagreatexample

hashtags are here to stay...for atleast like a year or something...

I haven't been on the twitter bandwagon, but do I like Instagram, it is self glorification as well. 

The one thing I will say about Twitter, which I've searched hashtags on such as AVLNEWS is that you can find out about events pretty instantly from users tweets.  There was flooding recently in a cove just north of my house and there were pics and videos all over twitter that I could search for online well before any of the news outlets were updating stuff on Facebook or otherwise online.  That to me is pretty cool.

Facebook is only as good as who you are friends with and what they are posting. 

bullship

Quote from: benben on July 18, 2013, 07:58:58 AM
Carpmaster? 

I will say carp epitomize the saying, only a face a mother could love.

You're just jealous

Quote from: benben on July 18, 2013, 07:58:58 AM
Facebook is only as good as who you are friends with and what they are posting.

Truth. I have cool friends.