• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 24, 2021, 14:04:21 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Be careful out there!

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 11, 2013, 20:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

A guy in my office had it two weeks ago. He came in looking like absolute shit. His eyes were swollen and red as a dogs pecker. He ended up in the hospital for 3 days. Ain't nothing to mess around with.

F.You

If it is carried by dog ticks does that mean it can make dogs sick? Will you get sick if you eat a dog that has those type of ticks?

Big J

July 12, 2013, 12:54:36 PM #3 Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:58:54 PM by Big J

That's awful.  Found out last night that another one of my fishing friends got that meat allergy from a tick.  Went into anaphylaxis shock and had to go to the hospital.  Was pretty serious and now carries an epipen and can't eat any red meat.  Luckily our area of VA doesn't have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever....at least that's what the doctor told me.

EDIT:Looks like we have in VA after doing a little reading....why the Doc told we don't have to worry about it here in VA is beyond me!

benben reincarnated

Quote from: F.You on July 12, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

If it is carried by dog ticks does that mean it can make dogs sick? Will you get sick if you eat a dog that has those type of ticks?

No, you are safe, Asians are immune.

benben reincarnated

Local media outlets are now reporting this here Asheville, no details on specifically where they live within the county or how they may have come in contact with the infected tick.  Hopefully those details will come out although they are reporting the identity is being withheld for now.  Sad story though for the affected family.

cmiller51h

I had that shit when I was 9. Mom had me home for a week thinking I had the measles. Dr told here to get me to the hospital and go in thru the ER. I was there for about 3 weeks. Used my ass for a pin cushion! I still hate needles! Rough shit.

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

#CommissionsEarned