• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 28, 2021, 06:12:52 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Buster wants to fish

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 10, 2013, 19:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Woolly Bugger

When us all this rain going to stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Not any time soon around here. We are getting hammered with rain this evening, again.


Dougfish

The Roanoke River is open for fishing. A long ways from the normal channel.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login


Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on July 10, 2013, 20:24:34 PM

The Roanoke River is open for fishing. A long ways from the normal channel.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I heard about the Roanoke River flooding.  Saw some pictures of the Target area and it looked like a pond. 

Grannyknot

Quote from: Dougfish on July 10, 2013, 20:24:34 PM

The Roanoke River is open for fishing. A long ways from the normal channel.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dougfish, a couple of friends of mine from Roanoke were taking refuge from the flooding with me here in Knoxville.
They live near the river in a block of houses that don't have power.
Their neighbor opened the door to go into their basement and could only walk down 4 steps until there was standing water.

They left to head back up there yesterday.  He operates a brewery in Salem & said the people of Roanoke needed their growlers filled.  :)

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 11, 2013, 07:15:55 AM

Dougfish, a couple of friends of mine from Roanoke were taking refuge from the flooding with me here in Knoxville.
They live near the river in a block of houses that don't have power.
Their neighbor opened the door to go into their basement and could only walk down 4 steps until there was standing water.

They left to head back up there yesterday.  He operates a brewery in Salem & said the people of Roanoke needed their growlers filled.  :)

Not good. The soil is sooo saturated right now. I'm glad I live high and dry.
We've had our average rainfall for the year already. And July - December is still ahead.  :o
Parkway? It's on my hit list. We are having a brewery explosion up here.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Dougfish on July 11, 2013, 07:33:21 AM

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 11, 2013, 07:15:55 AM

Dougfish, a couple of friends of mine from Roanoke were taking refuge from the flooding with me here in Knoxville.
They live near the river in a block of houses that don't have power.
Their neighbor opened the door to go into their basement and could only walk down 4 steps until there was standing water.

They left to head back up there yesterday.  He operates a brewery in Salem & said the people of Roanoke needed their growlers filled.  :)

Not good. The soil is sooo saturated right now. I'm glad I live high and dry.
We've had our average rainfall for the year already. And July - December is still ahead.  :o
Parkway? It's on my hit list. We are having a brewery explosion up here.
Yep, Parkway.  He used to be the brew master at the railhouse, but him and another guy left to open Parkway.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 11, 2013, 07:43:22 AM

Yep, Parkway.  He used to be the brew master at the railhouse, but him and another guy left to open Parkway.

Sorry about his house situation. That sucks.

Btw, I live about 8 blocks from the Railhouse brewery. Uphill.


gonephishin'

Quote from: Big J on July 11, 2013, 07:11:43 AM

Quote from: Dougfish on July 10, 2013, 20:24:34 PM

The Roanoke River is open for fishing. A long ways from the  channel.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I heard about the Roanoke River flooding.  Saw some pictures of the Target area and it looked like a pond.
Yeah, i was stuck in this shit....close to the civic center....had to drive through Vinton....hit the parkway south to 220 to get back to Martinsville
"Eat, drink, and be merry....for tomorrow we die"


#CommissionsEarned