News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

History Detective - Rock 'n Roll - Dylan's Electric guitar...

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2013, 20:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I watched this show today about Bob Dylan's electric guitar that he played at the Newport Folk Festival in '65.

PBS History Detectives Think They May Have Found a Rock & Roll 'Holy Grail' (full show)

QuoteIt's one of rock's seminal moments: It's 1965, the scene is the Newport Folk Festival, and Bob Dylan -- the godfather of folk music at the time -- walks on stage and plugs in. He plays an electric guitar for the first time in live performance.

Fans boo their musical hero and Pete Seeger tries to switch off the power on his friend Dylan. And what became of the instrument that Dylan used as he transformed from folk master to rock & roll legend? Well, it went missing.

And now after some legal wrangling it's up for auction!

http://music.yahoo.com/news/bob-dylan-s-1965-newport-folk-festival-electric-guitar-going-to-auction-185744678.html

/'/  /'/  /'/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Maybe someone will end up with it that can actually play it 'c;
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 07, 2013, 21:20:38 PM

Easy Stevie Boy!  As Bob said, "Some people feel the rain, others just get wet."  So are you one of the others that just get soaked?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: steelrain202 on July 08, 2013, 05:37:09 AM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 07, 2013, 21:20:38 PM
agreed /'/

What was I thinking?!?! ?  It should've been obvious that a couple of southern Gubbas would fail to appreciate the talent of a northern Jewish boy. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: steelrain202 on July 09, 2013, 05:54:17 AM
........ before you make assumptions half back.........

Half back?  You calling me a half back?  I ain't a half back, been here in the VA mountains all my life.

Quote from: steelrain202 on July 09, 2013, 05:54:17 AM
born in and spent a good portion of my life in Southern California in the 70's

You've selected the wrong credentials to impress.  Snap back gnarly dude, but with southern Cal roots I would think you would relish all that is Dylan.  You didn't abuse the proper drugs, did you?   What the heck do I know?  As I said, I've never lived anywhere but VA.

Peace brother.