Started by Mudwall Gatewood, August 15, 2013, 07:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 18, 2013, 13:08:36 PM
Quote from: wind_knot on August 18, 2013, 12:02:58 PM
The patriots need to regain control!!

And just who are the patriots? 

Quote from: wind_knot on August 18, 2013, 13:38:05 PM
Ummm, people who love this country and want too see reform that benefits the most people, not the elite few. Sorry, thought that was self-explanatory.

Is that kinda like the tea party?  I thought the republicans where the ones that only looked out for the elite few...and I thought the tea party aligned itself with the elite few supporting republican party...now I'm really confused.

troutboy_II

Ok - too perhaps avoid the whole tea party issue, I have a suggestion/question that I have been thinking about for a while.  On the assumption that the country needs better (or some would say "any") management, suppose we start paying $50 million a year for the president's salary and $25 million a year for congressmen/senators.  Would that attract the appropriate folks and would it make any difference?

All I ask is you give it some thought before you respond...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

22midge

troutboy_II dont mean to step on your question.... but do you really believe that someone capable of raising $500 million free from contributions will be willing to take a pay cut just to be prez?   ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

wind_knot

I think it would turn the polls into a land rush. You know, every poor person voting for themselves.