News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

today was a great day, more reports to come

Started by Rhody, July 05, 2013, 20:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhody

started out at railroad ranch, gotta old bike which makes getting to the holes easier, got into fish on green drake spinners early, nailed em for several hours, then wind came up, turned off, green drakes about over til next year, but it has been a fun 3 wks of daily 10:30-1 spinner falls, then headed down scenic hwy, pulled onto fs road, came out onto Henry's fork lower, met some great folks,older gentleman told me where to cast, bam, 18" fish, no pic, forgot camera, beautiful wildflowers, ride home was beautiful, finished up with beers and sushi at grand Teton brewing, sorry, iPhone photos and tapatalk, but will do more pics and earlier reports later, fishing  with twin bridges next week, more pics!! later maters, love rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

WRector

Hope you have a hell of a time out there bud! Looking like a major bunch of suckage so far.   bd;0
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Rhody

Thanks woolly for cleaning up my crappy photos, can you take my finger out of that one frame? Working on importing into my tablet, from camera, fingers are too big, off to tetonia rodeo, rained out today and chore day, on way to twin bridge's rivers manana, after fishing $3 bridge on the way!
J.M.

sanjuanwormhatch

Nice.  Never been to Teton Brewing but I have drank a lot of their beer.  Partial to Snake River Brewpub just over the pass.

Aka

Nice Rhody!

Two things to do aside from fishing $3.
Bring a cooler and get your steaks, sausage and whatever else you want at the Restvedt & Son Meat Market, I mean that place is as good as it gets.
Stop for a beer and a bite at Driftwaters (a mile or two towards Ennis on the left after leaving $3). Say hi to the owners Rachel and Jerry for me (I'm the guy who's PT Cruiser broke down a few years back). They're the salt of the earth if ever there was.

Rhody

$3 bridge was money!!!
Twin Bridge's Hospitality and Big Hole River are Lights Out!! pics from sat night local rodeo, Sunday $3 bridge, thanks ak Aaron will check these places out on way back, stopped in Gallop's Slide Inn, they heard me talk and asked if I knew Get Bent by name, too funny, check out the carp video on latest scof issue just out
J.M.

Rhody

twin bridges took some photos today, I was too busy missing hooksets and landing big fish, arm is tired from all the casting and catching, thanks to an excellent guide and host, now I want to move here too as well as wydaho!!! great day, best of the west so far!!
J.M.

Jfey

I both love and hate reading this.  MT is awesome(except in the winter)
Yup, going fishing

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

cmiller51h

You really do suck! I was fussed  at by my boss today when you texted me. I almost said fuck it and packed my truck!  I still might! ;D
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Dougfish

Giddyup Rhody. :;!  {S;
Looks like a blast and a half. Saddle up the pony, cmiller!

Trout Maharishi

YOU SUCK! ;D Glad you are having a good time brother, rock on /'/
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Rhody

hey chuck-for punishment you boss said you will have to go to wydaho for a while-
J.M.

cmiller51h

It looks like right now, I'm gunna leave on the 11 or 12 and be out the by the 15th. Keep the heat down! I'm ready to go fish in!!, /'/
This retirement shit is starting to be fun,!!!!! :D
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

twinbridges

I promise I will upload a lot of pics Wednesday or Thursday of Rhody getting his share of the trout in our waters....