News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Something different

Started by Flyman1881, June 27, 2013, 16:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyman1881

With it being summer vacation you would think that a 17 year old such as myself would have plenty of time to get out and do some fishing. Well not many 17 year old have a fucking back breaking full time job during summer break. It's been almost 5 months since I've fished a blueline and the separation is really starting to get to me. Fly fishing in ponds doesn't really appeal to me very much so I thought outside the box. A local (extremely rich) neighborhood has a smallish sized creek running through the backside of it and I know for a fact it never gets fished. I got to the creek around 4 or so and got started. Didn't get many hits for the first 20 minutes. Walked up stream a little ways and started casting around some over hanging trees and finally got into some fish. Lots of gils, one green sunfish, and one red breast. Nothing special but it was a much needed outing. Oh and random watch picture because I thought it was cool.

Woolly Bugger

Damnation, I think the numbers on your watch are bigger than the fish you caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

overbrook

who cares what time it is....and welcome to the real world of work...it gets worse as you get older....just givin ya something to look forward to. Go to the ponds.....they may suck....but they cant suck worse than that drainage creek you chose. ???

Flyman1881

Quote from: overbrook on June 28, 2013, 09:01:36 AM
who cares what time it is....and welcome to the real world of work...it gets worse as you get older....just givin ya something to look forward to. Go to the ponds.....they may suck....but they cant suck worse than that drainage creek you chose. ???
This neighborhood has a massive pond that I used to fish 3-4 times a week. Ehh something about pond fishing just bores the shit outta me even though this pond produces some nice fish.