News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Irish drifters?

Started by flyinlow, June 24, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

So a few of us were doing some bushwhacking/skinny blue lining this past weekend, middle of nowhere all the way back in ramseys draft VA off the sinclair hollow trail. Out of know where 5 sketch looking guys come out of the bushes surrounding us and just stand there. One of them says "you dont belong here. you need to leave and dont come back" with an extremely strong irish accent. So given that none of us decided to pack that day, we get the hell out. One of the guys with me knows some of the forest service guys out that way and told him about it. Off the record they have had issues in that area pretty frequently with backpackers being run off, and have things stolen in the middle of the night. Apparently there is a band of irish drifers who migrate around va, wva, nc, tn, and kentucky and stay extremely well hidden and use that area as one of there 'camps". For those of you from around this area its in the same area that Bobby fitzgerald went missing last year and hasnt been seen since. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any other experience with these guys, or other info.

Big J

It's a group that keeps people off my stretch of water. 

In all seriousness though, you better fish with a buddy or be packing in that area.  I've heard similar stores from that area but not on that stream.  Surprised that happened on that stream considering I run into 30 hikers everytime I'm up there.  How high up on it were you?

P.S.  I'm against stream name dropping, but this stream gets dropped by everyone in VA it seems.   >:(

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Jfey

Quote from: steelrain202 on June 24, 2013, 16:57:44 PM
i aint skeered

This I know, but just in case you might want to bring this lady along

Yup, going fishing

bullship

Any girl that has a little giggle orgasm every time she shoots a gun is a welcome addition to any Irish hobo busting party, or anywhere, anytime. You got her number? Shit...nevermind.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Pansyman

It's easy to protect yourself from the Irish....get them drunk they'll be your best friend.

Gid created whiskey so the Irish will never rule the earth
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

streamer

Check out the topic "Irish Travelers".

Yer Pal,
Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

RiverbumCO

PIKEYS! I hate fookin' pie-keys.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.