News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith Again (March 13)

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 13, 2006, 19:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Choice was to fish DH on the Dictchell (Mitchell) River or the smith. Didn't take too long to decide to go to the smith instead of fishing for rubber trout. The Smith is certainly more challenging but I'm not so sure that the rewards are that great... It was a bright and sunny morning with the temps in the 70's. Managed to catch a few before running out of time...

Read the rest and see more photos in the Fishing Log.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

shanktrout

Awesome shots Keith! I sure miss those Smith River browns.... :'(

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 13, 2006, 19:04:31 PM
Choice was to fish DH on the Dictchell (Mitchell) River or the smith. Didn't take too long to decide to go to the smith instead of fishing for rubber trout. The Smith is certainly more challenging but I'm not so sure that the rewards are that great... Read the rest and see more photos in the Fishing Log.

About the same difference as going to a fenced in hunting preserve to shoot a corn fed trophy buck and going out on your own to hunt them in in the wild. Those Smith River Browns may not grow as large or come to hand as frequently as DH trout, but they sure are pretty and give you a good feeling when you start fooling them on a regular basis.

shanktrout

QuoteAbout the same difference as going to a fenced in hunting preserve to shoot a corn fed trophy buck and going out on your own to hunt them in in the wild. Those Smith River Browns may not grow as large or come to hand as frequently as DH trout, but they sure are pretty and give you a good feeling when you start fooling them on a regular basis.

Absolutely.... as stunted as they may be the fact that they are all wild makes a guy forget all about it.