Hard time finding usable waters

Started by sanderson28025, May 13, 2013, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creakycane

You got the best input from the top when it was suggested to get the Delorme and the NC Trout maps.   It may take a lifetime to get through all those and the little blue lines, that flow into the bigger blue lines, that flow into  the stocked streams, but what else is there better to do than explore new trout water?  I am a lurker for the most part and PM some, but I side with the folks who have gathered considerable first-hand knowledge by busting their butts on sometimes barren, sometimes great, trout streams.  That kind of knowledge does not come easy, and it is not turned over easily, and it shouldn't be.
Start here
http://216.27.39.101/WebRedesign/Trout_Fishing_Maps.htm

danattherock

Quote from: The Dude on May 16, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

I didn't have a dog in this fight at first.  But after I saw you cry about posters who were not willing to jump in line to be at your service, it pissed me off.  The reason people treated you like they did is because we see this all of the time.  A new guy shows up and expects to have everything handed to them, then gets upset when it doesn't happen and throws a tantrum.

Read the thread again. I am not asking for anything. I am one of the very few that gave the OP some suggestions of places to wet a line. I am new to this forum, but that isn't a reason to be your collective punching bag. It would have been easier to just tell all you Internet heroes with over 1,000 negative "stream cred" points to lick my sack. But I was curious what all the BS was about and found out today. Much more history than a new forum member like me should be expected to know. Heading to Wilson Creek this weekend. If I get into any fish worth showing, I will post a trip report with some pics so we can talk about fly fishing. I will try to find my fuck you T shirt for the pics.

Dan
"The path of least resistance is what makes both rivers, and men crooked"

tomato can

Dan don't get in a pissing contest with these jokers.  Listen to ol' Big Muddy - he speaks the truth (when he can recognize it secondary to his liberally demented spirochete infected brain).  Go fishing take some pictures post a TR and everyting hunky dorey long time happy ending. 

The Dude

I still say you would be better off over at SEFFF.  It is the same way I did it.    I first joined here as a new fishermen to the sport.  I realized this was not the place for me at the time and I went over to SEFFF with my training wheels on.  Once I had enough experience, I "graduated" from SEFFF and started making a home amongst the Pretentious Snobby Bastards here.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

Quote from: danattherock on May 16, 2013, 21:26:44 PM

But I was curious what all the BS was about and found out today. Much more history than a new forum member like me should be expected to know.

There's probably a good lesson to be learned about opening your big mouth here.  If your feelings are easily hurt, lurk for a while and get a feel for things lest you open yourself up for derision.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

Quote from: The Dude on May 17, 2013, 05:53:34 AM
Quote from: danattherock on May 16, 2013, 21:26:44 PM

But I was curious what all the BS was about and found out today. Much more history than a new forum member like me should be expected to know.

There's probably a good lesson to be learned about opening your big mouth here.  If your feelings are easily hurt, lurk for a while and get a feel for things lest you open yourself up for derision.

This I do agree with. As I matured (Ha ha) I figured out I should shut up more, and do more listening. I've learned much, much more by listening than talking. And it's not just asking a question first. If you let people talk, they'll tell you exactly what you need to know. You just have to recognize it. In forum terms: Read old threads, read between the lines, search the forum for key words. Not preaching, just observing......

I don't want anyone to go away. I'm sure Woolly doesn't. ;D I need more sane people to stick around and balance out the looney mix we have now.
Contribute some fly ties, a TR, a good video, or not. But thicken up your skin and go fishing. I could find plenty of fish and water before stumbling onto this circus. I've just found a wee bit more and a few fishing buddies since I got here. And I've been able to share my experiences. MY experiences. You don't like a jerk on here? Profile, modify your profile, ignore list, done.

bullship

Do you think that this forum exists to serve your interests?

It doesn't.

The forum members are not a commodity.  They do not earn profit from your "patronage" of the site.  In fact, they are people just like you who have no direct ownership/connection to the site.  If you think that you should be entitled to having your hand held in order to catch a fish, then I suggest that you continue going down the path you took before and pay for a guide.  They are actually a business that provides their services for a fee, unlike members of an online forum.   They expect it from you.

I didn't have a dog in this fight at first.  But after I saw you cry about posters who were not willing to jump in line to be at your service, it pissed me off.  The reason people treated you like they did is because we see this all of the time.  A new guy shows up and expects to have everything handed to them, then gets upset when it doesn't happen and throws a tantrum.  This site has a large population of folks who don't care to deal with that scenario on a regular basis.  They'll ride you hard and see if you actually give a crap before they'll accept you.  It keeps out the riff-raff.  I truly think you would be better off spending your time and energy on a different forum that is more amicable to your demographic.

THIS^ should be a sticky. It seems to be true of a large percentage of new members.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

benben reincarnated

Beetle said it best one time...

Quote from: Beetle on December 18, 2011, 11:45:37 AM

BRFFF

Where you get the help you need.....and the shit you deserve

-0-   -0-   -0-   -0-

Transylwader

Quote from: bullship on May 17, 2013, 06:35:49 AM
Do you think that this forum exists to serve your interests?

It doesn't.

The forum members are not a commodity.  They do not earn profit from your "patronage" of the site.  In fact, they are people just like you who have no direct ownership/connection to the site.  If you think that you should be entitled to having your hand held in order to catch a fish, then I suggest that you continue going down the path you took before and pay for a guide.  They are actually a business that provides their services for a fee, unlike members of an online forum.   They expect it from you.

I didn't have a dog in this fight at first.  But after I saw you cry about posters who were not willing to jump in line to be at your service, it pissed me off.  The reason people treated you like they did is because we see this all of the time.  A new guy shows up and expects to have everything handed to them, then gets upset when it doesn't happen and throws a tantrum.  This site has a large population of folks who don't care to deal with that scenario on a regular basis.  They'll ride you hard and see if you actually give a crap before they'll accept you.  It keeps out the riff-raff.  I truly think you would be better off spending your time and energy on a different forum that is more amicable to your demographic.

THIS^ should be a sticky. It seems to be true of a large percentage of new members.
Agreed, Woolly, I paid loooong dollar to be a premium member of this asshat association, I veto Danatthe rocks shite.
Dan, if you don't like it, then you can GTFO p;-

Transylwader

Quote from: danattherock on May 17, 2013, 08:21:47 AM
You bitches have fun playing on the computer.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

We will go on quite ok without your pity party, mate. I hope you catch some fish this weekend too...please show us your backing, your favorite 5 wt and the pickle you caught in the Chatooga.

Beetle

Quote from: danattherock on May 17, 2013, 08:21:47 AM
Derision?

Shit. Good word man. I got nothing.

Going fishing. You bitches have fun playing on the computer. Anyone else gets out this weekend, post a few pics upon your return. Maybe we can talk about fishing next week.

Dan

'c;   'c;   'c;

Good luck this weekend.   Post a report, let the masses throw some darts and all will be good.

Dougfish

-0- 0:0
Get after 'em. Looking for a report!
After a filthy three day fishing extravaganza last weekend, this weekend is about atonement at home.
And it's going to rain some more. And more again. b';

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: Transylwader on May 13, 2013, 10:42:33 AM
Try buying these two for starters:

I live about 2 hours east of you and can find trout 40 minutes north of you.
Get your arse off your computer chair and go find em. You may wanna post up an intro or these savages are going to tell you off... >:D

Don't give away all my secrets!!

creekfreak

that dudette may sumer in Asheville, but he spends his winters in Key West, I assure you.
Guinness! Good God!

Big J