Had lunch with this guy today

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 22, 2013, 20:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagaluffaguss

Fella just came in the shop.  Apparently a regular customer we had just never met.  I was dicking around waiting on a battery to charge and talking to this guy and another guide at the shop, and we all decided to have lunch together.

Wanted to pick his brain so bad but I didn't know where to start.

So we just talked about fishing and fly fishing the whole time.

http://shootthelight.com/

sanjuanwormhatch

Some pretty sick shots.  Any practical tips come your way?  What was he doing in the area?

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on March 23, 2013, 07:00:26 AM
Some pretty sick shots.  Any practical tips come your way?  What was he doing in the area?

No tips.  Like I said I was kind of afraid to bring up the subject.  Long as we were talking fishing I was the authority, my delicate ego prevented me from changing the subject. 

Apparently he lives here.  I asked him about it and he said that when he and his wife were looking for a permanent place that the Brevard area met all the criteria as far as quality of life, nature and scenery, and social community.

Cost of living aint bad either compared to New York. 

rbphoto

Long time follower of Glatzer.

I just can't afford his instruction.

He is dedicated, gifted, amazingly hard working, brilliant photographer.

I had no idea he lived in Brevard.  Never clicked on his "Contact" page until I read your post.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!