Unlimited Anything But Fishing

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTS

Thought that some of you might get a little chuckle from these. We all know about the camera loyalty wars and the battles between Nikon and Cannon users. Truth of the matter, the true difference happens behind the camera and the applied knowledge to the equipment. This being said, we still love to have a bit of fun with it and I cannot wait to get into it with some of my professional Canon bud's. Some of my, personal, favorites are: Written on the cover of the Nikon Manual is "For IQ's 140 and above"; on the Canon Manual "suitable for children". LOL Nikon users download to Mac and display on wide gamut monitors; Canon download to Etch-U- Sketch. As I said, these are all just jokes and trust me, I get my fair share dumped back on me too. Anyway, the reason that I share this with you is support and setup the explanation of the storyline photo's and how we came to shooting this little "Battle Royal".

Even though we joke and tease each other about the brands, we know that the camera deliver so close to the same that any comparison is moot. The bodies of today are really geared more towards the recreational shooters and are loaded down with a lot of automated bells and whistles, this is where the cameras begin to separate in comparisons--- to each his own choice and desire in equipment, as they all have the potential to deliver GREAT images. Back to the storyline: I was talking with several of my Canon pals and we were discussing how violent some take the debate of "Which camera brand is best. We jokingly decided that we should digress into one of those comparison reviews but then decided that we would do it for fun. The story is that we decided to all get together on this little island, off of the coast of Florida, reason is due to the fact that some of us have shot and shoot commercial shoots there , the place is amazing!!! Secret place though, so... :)

I always like to get myself to the shorter side of the slide and, as it turned out, I set myself to be the only Nikon user shooting against 4 professional Canon users --- In my heart and mind, I still knew that I had them outnumbered, so... (just kidding around) LOL Due to the fact that it was more of a fun outing and not really a battle, all though we did test out some of the newer equipment for technical shooting performances, I decided to have some fun at their expense. As you will see, I decided to set it all to cinema format and devised my own storyline, with some artistic freedom in PS (Some people are in the shot that were not there or on the island, you may figure the images out). Hope you enjoy. :)

To set the stage: Somewhere off the coast of Florida, a tranquil island grows from the depths of turquoise waters. Local water fowl skirt the shorelines, as they feed in the outgoing tide.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

From the windswept sand mounds, one can look over the islands white sands and feel the tranquility of an uncommon peace.

Suddenly, an unsettled ora began to inhabit the air and the effect can be seen in the local wildlife. What can be the cause of this?

There it is, off the shore and racing towards the island. Is it pirates, drug runners, ransom seekers or just some unscrupulous heathen's?

On NO!!! It is much worse than I feared, they are Canon~ites!! Here is their landing party, I noticed their landing craft is leaving too --- Outside of taking pictures of their own boat leaving and setting up tripods for day shots, what can they be up to?

I guess they call this "Getting the shots" ?

Some things I will never understand, must be one of those --- "Hey, let's take pictures of each other in the bush" sort of Canon things....

As they say, look at all of the white lenses... Go figure... lol

I am not going to even try to process or explain this one...

In the end, I decided to just go back to being a Nikon shooter and sought out some local wildlife (artistic freedom, in PS, on the second image but both wer actually shot that same day, lucky actually)

As I said, in the beginning, it was all in fun and I kind of set them all up with my twisted mind. We all had a good laugh over the excursion and did agree, there really is no discernible difference between the Image Quality and it does all fall into the hands of the person behind the camera... Just glad that I am behind a Nikon lol...

Hope you enjoyed my little bout with some foolishness... :)

5xTippett

Keep it up, Ben!  Where in the heck have you been hiding?

OTS

Quote from: 5xTippett on June 06, 2013, 20:50:49 PM
Keep it up, Ben!  Where in the heck have you been hiding?

Hey!!! Been commuting for a good bit, finally managed to get my head above dirt level. Great seeing you are still around! :)

snagaluffaguss, love that last waterfall pic, well done! :)

bullship

Sorry to see you're going through some tough times, Snag. Hang in there buddy.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Fin

Not sure how I missed this thread.  I thought I might contribute.

Dougfish

Jfey

Yup, going fishing

RiverbumCO

Get these pictures the fuck off of here Jfey.  Not fair, looks like this right now in nc

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/waterworld/
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Jfey

Quote from: RiverbumCO on July 13, 2013, 21:52:10 PM
Get these pictures the fuck off of here Jfey.  Not fair, looks like this right now in nc

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/waterworld/

haha, it was fun while it lasted.  I've been back in "Waterworld" for the past few weeks. 
Yup, going fishing

RiverbumCO

My boss asked, like he normally does,"Where you gonna go fish this week?"

"I havent decided if its gonna be the front yard or the back yard yet," was my casual reply.  Maybe the 4wt versus some tailing mosquito larvae.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

ajhock

""Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."-J. Keats

OldDominionAngler

Lots of goodness on this page.   'c;

Jfey, where were ya?

Jfey

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on August 01, 2013, 07:25:31 AM
Lots of goodness on this page.   'c;

Jfey, where were ya?

St John.  Its a hard place to leave.
Yup, going fishing