Unlimited Anything But Fishing

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on April 17, 2013, 16:53:15 PM
Quote from: OldDominionAngler on April 17, 2013, 07:20:16 AM
Last pic is money, Snag.   'c;

You like Picasa?  I'm offically done with Photoshop.  I'm playing with a free trial of SmugMug right now which I like a lot but basic service would cost $40 a year.

Picasa is free, will process RAW files, and does a pretty good job.

If you ever look at SCOF Im pretty sure thats all those guys use from the appearance of the pics.

Its far more limited than photoshop (we have photoshop at...well the shop) but works good for plain ole JPEG files.

Whats the rub with photo shop?

Whoops, no rub ... meant to say Photobucket.  I use photoshop elements to edit (the cheap version) ..question was in reference to photo sharing websites. 

rbphoto

Flickr has a free version where you can post only so many per day and only up to 200 pics before they become unavailable.

It's cheaper than SmugMug but doesn't have all the features of SM either.

I like zenfolio.com, 500px.com, and smugmug (and others).

When it comes to photo editing software, Adobe pretty much rules.

Most of the tools you will ever need can be found in Lightroom and you do not need the full version of PS.  Elements is pretty good, but LR gives you a better ability to navigate through a complete catalog(s) and actually organize everything.

I'm almost to the point where I plan to do the Creative Cloud thing and have access to all of the Creative Suite programs.

Currently available for the 1st year @ $30/month and then it goes back up to $50/month. 

If I could just shoot a little bit more and get paid for it . . .

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

I'm about through with photobucket as well.  The latest update is just screwy and the [IMG] code now has some goofy [URL] in front of it. 

Dougfish

Picasa is the bomb for dummies, like me. Free!
Nice pics, Snag.

benben reincarnated

I started using Flickr about a year ago for storing my pics online.  I paid a little bit extra for the annual subscription, about $20 I think, but it has no limits on uploads, etc.  Generally no complaints overall.

OldDominionAngler

Grannyknot

a few of my shots.  all done with a shitty camera.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

RiverbumCO

ODA - I used to rent a room from a guy in my poor Colorado days.  Old hippie had every NatGeo from the early 70s to now.  We didn't have cable so needless to say i would thumb a random copy from time to time.  Really cool to see the car ads and read about shit i learned in social studies.  The photos are always top notch too.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Big J

Some cool shots someone showed me today and thought this would be a fitting place for them even though they aren't mine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320339/Nice-eat-Hungry-cormorant-just-right-spot-lunch.html

gamatt53

thought this shot my GF took of my puppy turned out nicely (the two main reasons I haven't been fishing as much this spring  b';)

Beetle