News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Anything But Fishing

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbphoto

Quote from: Transylwader on April 02, 2013, 16:09:20 PM
A little something from a trout starved Saffa twit...

[
When do bluelines work?

Is that my fishing pack I spy alongside your hangover helper?
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Transylwader

Indeed. That pack was legendary. Put it to maximum use! 8)

benben reincarnated

Quote from: rbphoto on April 02, 2013, 19:18:10 PM

[
When do bluelines work?

Shit, that ain't hangover helper unless you believe in hair of the dog.  He puts vodka in that Gatorade...

Dougfish

I like trees.

Scarlet Oak

Dead White Pine. Widowmaker.

Black Gum or Tupelo

Oneseed Juniper, I think (Colorado)

Same species, different tree.

The biggest Black Cherry I've ever seen

Shagbark Hickory

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: benben on April 02, 2013, 20:17:16 PM
Quote from: rbphoto on April 02, 2013, 19:18:10 PM

[
When do bluelines work?

Shit, that ain't hangover helper unless you believe in hair of the dog.  He puts vodka in that Gatorade...

Why that big-assed reel on that tiny rod?  I've got an old CFOII I will sell you.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on April 05, 2013, 08:24:18 AM
Why that big-assed reel on that tiny rod?  I've got an old CFOII I will sell you.

It's cause he tries to land 10 lb catfish with that rod.  :o

Transylwader

Mudders, that is a BLA 1 designed for a 2 wt rod. The rod itself had a customized fullcork seat with slip rings (I like an 8" cork grip). See when you are as big an asshole as me, you can have the folks at whorevis design your shit any way/shape you feel. I kinda like the 7' 2wt Helios. It's an uber blueline wand...ye shall see...
Big J, just coz you got a musky, don't mean shit...I kid. Come on down to Cackolack, those VA brooies nee a break man...

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on April 05, 2013, 08:39:39 AM
Mudders, that is a BLA 1 designed for a 2 wt rod. The rod itself had a customized fullcork seat with slip rings (I like an 8" cork grip). See when you are as big an asshole as me, you can have the folks at whorevis design your shit any way/shape you feel. I kinda like the 7' 2wt Helios. It's an uber blueline wand...ye shall see...
Big J, just coz you got a musky, don't mean shit...I kid. Come on down to Cackolack, those VA brooies nee a break man...

Wish I could make it to that Bake but prior obligations get in the way.  It's been too long since you've fished the SNP.

Transylwader

Quote from: Big J on April 05, 2013, 09:00:53 AM
It's been too long since you've fished the SNP.

Truth, speaking of which...

Petey's top notch shithole

Native Brookie tacos ala ring sting Peebers
been mind fishing the heck out of SNP lately...

snagaluffaguss

The Virginia brook trout fishing was riveting, we really don't have enough of that around here, but if I may digress.

Some fun with RAW

Still learning the camera and trying to figure out post, but it frustrates me.  New computer with more RAM and Lightroom is in the future (after I get a few more lenses and a shot gun for hunting grouse this fall; oh yeah, and a new house and everything the wife wants in it.  For now its a slow laptop (the one which when purchasing many years ago I yelled at the salesman saying "I don't need all that shit I just want to write papers (I thought I wanted to be a writer at one time but I trail off too much before I finish the  original thought and it takes me forever to get back around to it; you know Thompson and Kerouac did it why cant I..right?  Where was I??? Oh yeah, hear ->  and surf the internet I don't take pictures"...I'm a dick sometimes). For now its the Silkypix that came with the camera to get to JPEG then a final touch with Picasa.

These are some RAW files I had laying around that I decided to play with tonight. 

bullship

Nice. My computer took a shit so it's iPhone pics for me for a while. I've always liked photoshop....but it's all I've ever used and the price was right. I also do nothing but work and think about work right now, and it's boring and not very photo worthy. I need to go to sleep. And I need a bigger keypad thingy on my phone because my fingers are huge and covered in dried blood and scratchy things.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

rbphoto

Lightroom will change your world.

Love the B&W pic!

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

OldDominionAngler

Last pic is money, Snag.   'c;

You like Picasa?  I'm offically done with Photoshop.  I'm playing with a free trial of SmugMug right now which I like a lot but basic service would cost $40 a year. 

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on April 17, 2013, 07:20:16 AM
Last pic is money, Snag.   'c;

You like Picasa?  I'm offically done with Photoshop.  I'm playing with a free trial of SmugMug right now which I like a lot but basic service would cost $40 a year.

Picasa is free, will process RAW files, and does a pretty good job.

If you ever look at SCOF Im pretty sure thats all those guys use from the appearance of the pics.

Its far more limited than photoshop (we have photoshop at...well the shop) but works good for plain ole JPEG files.

Whats the rub with photo shop?

Woolly Bugger

LIghtroom Rocks, Version 5 is set to be released soon...

nice flicks snag...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!