News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Appstate fly fishing club trip

Started by _Fish_Pimp, February 25, 2013, 23:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfey

QuoteIf he breaks 15lb then Im going back with 100lb bite tippet because thats not a trout, and needs to be moved on down stream.

Chupacabra?

Water Yeti?
Yup, going fishing

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Jfey on February 26, 2013, 19:32:03 PM
QuoteIf he breaks 15lb then Im going back with 100lb bite tippet because thats not a trout, and needs to be moved on down stream.

Chupacabra?

Water Yeti?

velociraptor

Stormin_Mormon_92

I had some terrible cabin fever before out trip to the dirty, after hooking up with snag and erebody on the d, streamer fishing hard, and snapping of that water manatee on a streamer....... i can now say i have worse cabin fever  /'/ b';.
i need some weather to warm up even if that means no more boarding. only the dry fly can cure this ugly step sister of a disease and it looks like it might be on the way with how the reports are looking
Tight Lines, Drunken legs

snagaluffaguss

Got em on dries down there this afternoon

the plan was to show a new guide around and streamer fish.

Did not find that big brown I was looking for.  Weather really wasnt right so in the afternoon I switched to drys.

Did hook and land a very clean rainbow in excess of 24 inches on a Foxee Minnow before I went to drys.  New guide took 5 pictures of it....

or at least he thought he did

failed to push the button down all the way.  No Pics.   b';

Quill Gordons, Early Brown Stones,  some Caddis, and maybe a few blue quills were out today.

Me and Get Bent will be shooting a promo for that section of water here in a few weeks.  Its blatant spam but also a good sneak peak if you are planning on fishing down there this year (For those of you with free passes from your gear purchases...Woolly, Dude, etc.)

I post it up if yuns want but I have spammed the shit out this thread already so I can hold off and just PM if yall would rather.

TheYiman

sanjuanwormhatch

benben reincarnated

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on February 27, 2013, 20:41:44 PM

I post it up if yuns want but I have spammed the shit out this thread already so I can hold off and just PM if yall would rather.

post it...nothing wrong with a little self-promotion.

Dougfish

Quote from: benben on February 28, 2013, 07:20:10 AM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on February 27, 2013, 20:41:44 PM

post it...nothing wrong with a little self-promotion.

This. Show us the money shot.

Darthmonkey

Really cool to see more of these clubs popping up. I ran into a bunch of kids from VA on the SoHo last year during that warm spell in Feb.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.

PisgahSpeck

Quote from: Darthmonkey on March 02, 2013, 19:00:07 PM
Really cool to see more of these clubs popping up. I ran into a bunch of kids from VA on the SoHo last year during that warm spell in Feb.
I think as long as we can contain the Appies on that Dave-ish water we'll be good.  Good fishing guys and girls, keep pulling them outta there

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: Darthmonkey on March 02, 2013, 19:00:07 PM

Yes very cool. 

Obligatory, "I was way too drunk, hungover, fat, stupid or 'other' to do anything like that in college" post.

Darthmonkey

I will say that the VA fishing club had done a good job of recruiting young ladies who liked to wear jeans that needed to be peeled off their bodies, this fact was not lost upon Mr. Champion nor myself as we BS'd until the water came down.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.