News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Appstate fly fishing club trip

Started by _Fish_Pimp, February 25, 2013, 23:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I'd just like to thank snag and Davidson River Outfitters for giving us the opportunity to fish on their water. I know everyone had a great time. I just have a few pics that I took, so if snag wants to he should put his up too  /'/

I edited it..obviously..it's a stocker but it sure put a good bend in the rod and burned the drag a little 8)

Ian broke one off on 1x and we rolled and hooked up a bunch of huge ones but a lot came unbuttoned on us or we missed the set.

I fished streamers all day along with a couple other guys, a bunch of other people nymphed and did really well too
It was fun, I highly recommend it  0:0

Thanks again!

Dougfish

Stockerds? So what, you got out and streamered 'em up.  0:0

snagaluffaguss

That one was a stocker

not all of em though

like the one Ian had part ways on that damn 1x  :laugh:

Had a blast guys I really enjoyed it I gotta get yall back out there again late in the fall semester.  Ive found a few other college clubs and I think after I get them all out a time or two Im gonna have a college day and invite everyone all at the same time.  Throw a shin dig and catch a few fish.

Ill see if I can get the other pics up as well.

The Dude

That was awfully nice of the shop to open up their water to the group.  I hope they got in the store and "kept it local" with the purchase of supplies and gear and return the favor somewhat. 

That kind of deal is what makes the local guys so much better than the big box chains.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Knuklehead

-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

gonephishin'

I'm jealous, and very good point about the local shops, something that is sorely missing in my area! 'c;
"Eat, drink, and be merry....for tomorrow we die"

Woolly Bugger

now that's some motivation to use my free pass

good work all the way round
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

Damn nice report. Thx for sharing

Hope Yawl left a bunch of loot at the DRO shop

JT

_Fish_Pimp

I woulda bought more if I had the money! They oiled my reel too, best shop in nc by far. Flies and leaders were mainly what was purchased. It was very generous of them to let us on their water.

A lotta those fish were wild I know, that one was just had bad fins. I need to go back soon, I've never had that many consistent and aggressive streamer takes
;D

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on February 26, 2013, 14:12:33 PM
I woulda bought more if I had the money! They oiled my reel too, best shop in nc by far. Flies and leaders were mainly what was purchased. It was very generous of them to let us on their water.

A lotta those fish were wild I know, that one was just had bad fins. I need to go back soon, I've never had that many consistent and aggressive streamer takes
;D

a few were

about the same as the ratio in there I gave you guys earlyer.  50/25/25

Wish we could have found one of those big old browns though.  I think that was who Ian had ahold of.   If so (and very likely considering where we were and the size of tippet he broke)  that makes the 5th time Ive had him break someone off in that hole.  First time on 1x though.  Last couple times were on 3x.  Next time its 15lb 0x Flourflex Plus on that hole or nothing.  Im gonna try and go get that fish tomorrow.  If he breaks 15lb then Im going back with 100lb bite tippet because thats not a trout, and needs to be moved on down stream.

Beetle

Get someone to record it Snag or put on one of those fancy cube cameras.  I need something to entertain me besides people calling about roof leaks.

_Fish_Pimp

Go get em snag! I better be seeing a pic of him on here  0:0

Aka

Good stuff.
If ya youngins' are anything like me you learned more on this trip than you have in your last semester of collage.

benben reincarnated

Excellent my friends, looks like it was worth the drive over.  That chit beats going to class any day.   /'/