News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cold hands and ugly casts

Started by _Fish_Pimp, February 17, 2013, 22:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Had 3 exams on Thursday and Friday...I had to get outside...and I only had a couple hours to fish..this place is a solid 5 mins from my apartment. We got rigged up and headed to the creek, saw a couple lil black stones around and a few fish rise every so often. I cast a small wooly bugger at a rise in the first flat next to a bank and the spunky bow nailed it, he slipped away before we snapped his photo...then nothing the next few holes..so we took pics until the action started  8)

I'm sure everyone's tired of the artsy pics, so now to the feesh

Guess we're not the only ones that know there are trout in this river...I don't think they're into catch and release though. Too bad none of the bigger browns in this creek wanted to play..maybe next time  0:0

Peddler

Neat shots but you gots to tell us what is happening in that third picture. I that a Thingamabobber in a tree with a less that graceful guide herding the fish, an action shot of a wader wearing soccer game or what the heck is it about?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

_Fish_Pimp

It was some sort of rubber ball and Ian wanted to play soccer in the river..we have 'fun' while we fish/spook every hole  -0-

Dougfish

'c; Nice outing and pics! You take a photog class? ;D

benben reincarnated

I like the tilt shift effect you did on that first picture.  I had been contemplating trying it on a steam shot, but haven't yet, I may need to now.  Was this done in camera or later? 

Big J

Nice pics.  I was going to make a hipster comment, but since I throughly enjoyed this from my work desk, I'll refrain from doing so.  -0-

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: benben on February 18, 2013, 09:33:30 AM
I like the tilt shift effect you did on that first picture.  I had been contemplating trying it on a steam shot, but haven't yet, I may need to now.  Was this done in camera or later? 

Later, my friend has a dslr..not sure what he uses for editing. It's sweet.

Quote from: Big J on February 18, 2013, 10:39:50 AM
Nice pics.  I was going to make a hipster comment, but since I throughly enjoyed this from my work desk, I'll refrain from doing so.  -0-

We are hipsters! We do attend appstate 8)

MBB

i enjoyed the artsy photographs.  I particularly enjoyed the black and white photo.

TheYiman

Cool pics, but I'm going to have to smite you cause you go to App.  Damn, I miss that place!!!

snagaluffaguss

you turds showing up friday?

nice camera work

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on February 18, 2013, 20:23:15 PM

nice camera work

I don't think I can make it  :'( class that morning can't be missed. school is expensive. exams suck. And my prof is a dick and he doesn't wanna let me take it earlier...but I'm gonna keep bugging the guy and maybe I could go. We'll see.

Ian/storminmormon and Dylan will be there for sure.

Stormin_Mormon_92

Quote from: benben on February 18, 2013, 09:33:30 AM

Ben i took this photo, and we had it on a manual setting with a relatively high shutter speed i believe and i just got the camera real down low to the water, holding it up about an inch from the water and snapped a couple photos without looking, they came out nice and all we did was black and white them i believe. i also didnt check the exact specs for shooting at that moment, shows you how we are a bunch of classy sob photogs.

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on February 18, 2013, 20:23:15 PM

nice camera work

ill hopefully be there heath, wanting to get out and streamer fish
Tight Lines, Drunken legs

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Stormin_Mormon_92 on February 18, 2013, 21:08:09 PM
ill hopefully be there heath, wanting to get out and streamer fish

throw meat and avoid the little ones and the dumb ones.  Get some 0X if you plan on doing that though.

Transylwader

You're killing me smalls. Well played you delinquents. What the fuck is going on other Drebs hair? Jesus...

_Fish_Pimp