News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Feesh from the past weekend

Started by _Fish_Pimp, January 15, 2013, 23:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I floated Saturday with a friend on the watauga and did pretty well, I forgot my stinking camera so I only have one blurry pic from an iPhone...but it was a beautiful rainbow. On Sunday I fished the soho.....it was tough, I was expecting a good hatch with the unseasonably warm temps..like 67 or so. But I only saw a couple sulphurs come off and some bwo's that the fish weren't really eating, a couple caddis too. We caught several up top but most were dinks, only fished dry dropper all day..I wanted to move and chuck meat but no one else wanted to  b';
Anyways here are a few pics, some were taken with my friends new canon dslr..still learning how to use it. And yes I do look like a big bright strike indicator in the orange jacket and red hat  ::)

Nap time...

Not a sulphur or a bwo, not sure what mayfly it is..something rust/mahogany colored, only one we saw though

Watauga bow

Recycling bin....

Ending the day with shitty beer and the usual pre-game 'game' circle of death

Good beer  0:0

I've got more pics from the soho on my camera, I'll put them up tomorrow probably.

The Dude

Not a sulphur or a bwo, not sure what mayfly it is..something rust/mahogany colored, only one we saw though

It's not a BWO?!?
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

sanjuanwormhatch

I was going to say "Mahogany" but I was under the impression they hatch in early fall.  However appears they bivoltine (hatch twice).  Could be very wrong.  http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio210/s2012/geipel_adam/reproduction.htm

The Dude

Huh, I always thought of the isonychia bicolor as being larger than that.  Good to know.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Not Isonychia.

"Olive" female spinner – likely Baetis.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

sanjuanwormhatch

And there you go.  This young buck will go sit in the corner now. 

Transylwader

Does Pissant still need the beer crate to stand aloft whilst wading the taily races? Last time he waded I heard he was up to his tits on a zero generation schedule :laugh:
Well played you lil buggers 'c;

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on January 16, 2013, 09:00:12 AM
Not Isonychia.

I would not have been nearly as close on sex/ stage but would have called it an olive. Fish a dry pheasant tail when you see these, it crushes when they're around.

Stormin_Mormon_92

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on January 16, 2013, 09:00:12 AM
Not Isonychia.

in montana we called it simply a mahogany dun. either way we tried some various blue wing patterns and they did not key in on them worth jack crap. simply not enough bugs out to get em keyed in on i guess, not to mention there was about a billion midges on the water
freakin small bugs  b';
Tight Lines, Drunken legs