News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

swap anyone?

Started by Knuklehead, January 15, 2013, 19:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

O swapmeister, Mr. Knucklehead, let us hear from you. Where are we in this shenanigan? Are you still waiting on flies? Do you need to call anyone out?  >:D Communicate my good man!

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on April 11, 2013, 12:54:17 PM
O swapmeister, Mr. Knucklehead, let us hear from you. Where are we in this shenanigan? Are you still waiting on flies? Do you need to call anyone out?  >:D Communicate my good man!

How BRFFF swaps work. Date is set to get flies in by, people wait till 5 days past due date and then begin tying, swapmeister stops caring after about the 5th consecutive day of people saying "I'll get it in the mail tomorrow", but participants of the swap don't really care when they get their flies back as long as they get them. In the end everything works out great and everyone is happy by the quality of flies they received, but embarrassed by the quality of flies they gave. 

With that said, I'll probably be starting my Christmas swap sometime in July. Then you all might have a shot at getting the flies back by Christmas.  Heck, I still haven't given tomato can's flies from the last Christmas swap.  They are sitting somewhere in my apartment.  :-X  Not that he fishes anymore........

Knuklehead

Sorry. I have received everyone's flies but two.  As soon as I get them I'll forward them to all.
-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

Knuklehead

Still missing flies from the last two participants. If u don't know who u are look at the first post. Need soon please
-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

TroutMedic

flies received today.

Dougfish

Bugs received. Thanks gents, nice ties! 'c;

And thanks Knucklehead, for putting up with the attrition and aggravation. Fish those extra flies with gusto.  /'/

consumnfire1229

Received mine as well.  Thanks!
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

kylemc

How about some pics of the flies?

DRIFTS

I've never tried a fly swap, I'd like to be in the next one. I can tye up a mean woolly bugger -0-
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Big J

Got the flies last night.

Kyle, if no one throws up a picture by tonight I'll throw one up.