News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ending 2012 with trout.

Started by Big J, December 31, 2012, 14:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Thought I'd end 2012 with some trout.  Va has had lots of rain and even some snow in the mountains.  I wasn't expecting the snow to still be there though. The first stream I fished for two hours and didn't even have a single hit.  The snow had also melted and froze back over in the night and it was about two inches of ice all on the ground.  Made hiking into the stream and out interesting.  I busted my tail several times.  I knew I had to be on a stream that was farther down the mountain.  Stream number two proved my thinking was right with a nice brookie in the first pool.  Glad my back up stream saved the trip.

Stream 1.

Its a lie, snow doesn't turn yellow....

Saw some tiny black stoneflies.

Stream 2.

Now time to relax till midnight.  -0-

Knuklehead

-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

tattdflythrower

"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

bullship

Quote from: Big J on December 31, 2012, 14:16:17 PM
Its a lie, snow doesn't turn yellow....

You just drink too much water. Coffee and beer are all you need. Water's for girls and people without leg cramps.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Jfey

Nice way to end the year Big J!  'c;
Yup, going fishing

benben reincarnated

Nice J. 

Good to see some stones coming off too, we saw a few small midges today, but that was about it.  We were able to hook some fish on stonefly nymphs though.

consumnfire1229

Were you not throwing a pink weenie on stream #1?   bd;0
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Big J

Quote from: consumnfire1229 on December 31, 2012, 18:44:08 PM
Were you not throwing a pink weenie on stream #1?   bd;0

I threw some black stones for a while on stream 1 but then said "screw it I want to catch a brook trout today" and tied on a pink weenie.  Still nothing.  I think there was too much snow running off into the stream and the sun wasn't hitting it.  Stream two was much more productive.

Transylwader

Yes Jacob! Jesse & I may swing north this weekend. Happy New Year brother 8)

Woolly Bugger

good one on ya, I took the dog to the river. fished down low with streamers, couple of bumps, moved up high, nada, finished the day back down low, no go....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on December 31, 2012, 20:56:47 PM
Yes Jacob! Jesse & I may swing north this weekend. Happy New Year brother 8)

Keep me updated.  I have to take a DIP class soon for the ticket, but I am free on weekends in January besides that.  Happy New Year to you too.

gonephishin'

'c; way to tough the elements, pretty fish!
"Eat, drink, and be merry....for tomorrow we die"