News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

tailwater fun

Started by _Fish_Pimp, November 28, 2012, 16:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I've only been fishing in tn for the past few weeks and going about once a week, haven't gotten any of the big fish in the net yet. I've been tying some bad knots...it really hurts youre wallet/pride when you pop off a 6 dollar streamer on a giant brown...had a few big ones on some small bwo nymphs as well. also got into a black caddis hatch on part of the soho  /'/ weird right? got into some sulfur and bwo dry action on the soho as well. fun stuff

franzenangler

This is where we are fishing.  bring pissantz ill bring socks.
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

_Fish_Pimp

4 is a crowd!..we're probably going Friday after I get out of class at 11 to the SoHo unless generation on Watauga is good. guess we could carpool over there if ya want. Hopefully there are some hatches. Just let me know..nymphing sucks, hopefully sulfurs come off, its supposed to be around 60 all weekend and TVA is sluicing 400cfs til the 21st so no worries about generation. the fish should be feeding like crazy  -0- we may go saturday too, not sure yet..text me or something

benben reincarnated

M R some nice trout.

I may be tempted to take the drive over that way at some point if this winter starts sucking for a long period of time.

smokin hog

Can I go to. Please.  Just ask n bd;0

Stuart R.

I have seen those tiny black caddis on the SoHo before. I tried to fish them. I just couldn't see my fly to tell when they were taking. Really a hard hatch to fish.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: Stuart R. on November 28, 2012, 18:12:23 PM
I have seen those tiny black caddis on the SoHo before. I tried to fish them. I just couldn't see my fly to tell when they were taking. Really a hard hatch to fish.
Stu

I had quite a bit of trouble matching them, a tiny henryville special worked. Very sudle takes..the guys at the soho fly shop said a small pt soft hackle would work and they were surprised to hear they were coming off. Wasn't nearly like a caddis hatch on the Madison, but pretty dang impressive for the east.  ;D

Woolly Bugger

Nice trouts, hope to find my way over there soon
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Nice trout.  I don't think I'll ever be able to convince tomato can or doug to go back down there.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on November 29, 2012, 08:04:19 AM
Nice trout.  I don't think I'll ever be able to convince tomato can or doug to go back down there.

I found out that I know someone who has property right where we anchored in that tall grass.  /'/
Maybe TC and I just need to go back without Mr. Lucky. ;D

Dougfish

Oh.....and hell yeah! Nice fish. You done good.

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on November 29, 2012, 08:47:50 AM
Quote from: Big J on November 29, 2012, 08:04:19 AM

I found out that I know someone who has property right where we anchored in that tall grass.  /'/
Maybe TC and I just need to go back without Mr. Lucky. ;D

That spot was the best stretch we fished in my opinion.  What are you doing not this Saturday but next Saturday?  ;D   

kylemc

Nice. I will be there this weekend with a couple other miscreants from this shithole. If you see us, it's best not to look the beardy one in the eye.

sanjuanwormhatch

The balls are rolling to break my self imposed fishing hiatus next Saturday thanks to this thread. 

Transylwader

Bastards, I haven't caught a trout in 10 days b';