Main Menu

all for some dinks

Started by benben, November 10, 2012, 23:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on November 12, 2012, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: benben on November 12, 2012, 07:08:40 AM
Quote from: AL trout bum on November 12, 2012, 01:16:42 AM
Nice Ben! What were the building remnants?

I took a look around them and they were built pretty solid.  They look like they may have impounded water at one time, and were built on a feeder to the stream we were fishing...but I have no clue what they actually were.

The reason for all the rainbows and browns in the stream.

That had crossed my mind, but there wasn't anything behind that made it look like it would have at one point consistently hold water, if it was anything of that sort it was just a gated dam, but I'm still not sold on that either.  I have a few more pictures of it at home I'll look over this evening.

And we didn't find said browns either.

Grannyknot

I took a look around them and they were built pretty solid.  They look like they may have impounded water at one time, and were built on a feeder to the stream we were fishing...but I have no clue what they actually were.

It looks like an old sluice gate, used to wash logs downstream.
Very nice trip report.  Good to see that the fish are still hungry.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Grannyknot on November 12, 2012, 08:37:29 AM

It looks like an old sluice gate, used to wash logs downstream.
Very nice trip report.  Good to see that the fish are still hungry.

Thanks, that was my 2nd guess.

There was definite prior logging evidence on this stream.

The Dude

There are no browns in this drainage.  It is not a park stream, if that is what you were thinking.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: The Dude on November 12, 2012, 09:21:47 AM

There are no browns in this drainage.  It is not a park stream, if that is what you were thinking.

nope. how do you know there are no browns in that stream  ;D

benben reincarnated

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on November 12, 2012, 09:41:42 AM

Because it was some "hot dry fly action" and we are "expert anglers"...if they were there, we would have known.   :laugh:

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: benben on November 12, 2012, 09:59:47 AM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on November 12, 2012, 09:41:42 AM

Because it was some "hot dry fly action" and we are "expert anglers"...if they were there, we would have known.   :laugh:

I thought maybe Dude had built an electro-shocker and was now conducting is own personal stream surveys.  I wouldn't put it past him.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on November 12, 2012, 10:58:07 AM

I thought maybe Dude had built an electro-shocker and was now conducting is own personal stream surveys.  I wouldn't put it past him.

Shhhh.

The Dude

My fly fishing skills are more effective than any homemade telephonic electro shocking methods.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

Good to see the Blueline Duo still flying the flag high. Havent been in that neck in forever. Picture quality is getting a bit ridonkulous lads... bd;0

Yallerhammer

Not many folks know about that little creek, I'm impressed. Y'all in my backyard.  ;D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Michael Toris

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 29, 2015, 13:47:07 PM
Not many folks know about that little creek, I'm impressed. Y'all in my backyard.  ;D
GIT

Michael Toris

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 29, 2015, 13:47:07 PM
Beeteedubs, stop acting like you know where they be

Yallerhammer

I'm glad some folks have nothing better to do than follow somebody around the forum and make immature comments after every post they make. Pretty pathetic. Now, go away, polish your Birkenstocks, drink some pumpkin ale, and let the grownups talk. Beeteedubs,  some of us were fishing that creek when you were still shittin' yaller. Oh, and  n!n  n!n  n!n
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.