News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Korkers Svelte II soles?

Started by Transylwader, October 24, 2012, 15:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

Any of you fellows ever tried these soles on your Korkers?
Looks interesting the way it's almost like velcro.
http://www.korkers.com/soles-accessories/soles-for-fishing/svelte.html
Im over using Vibram and their clickety clogg studs/cleats/BS trout alert jingle bells but at the same time, wish to still have Spiderman skills whilst wading a rock crawling enthusiasts dream.
Hook a bru up, ek se... 8)

Woolly Bugger

I thought you would be switching over to flats boots
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 24, 2012, 15:55:23 PM
I thought you would be switching over to flats boots
Thats for when I grow up, I still got it in me to do this bluelining stint for a few more years... /'/

The Dude

I thought you were moving out of the country?
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on October 24, 2012, 16:13:31 PM
I thought you were moving out of the country?
Only if I get deported (free plane ride). I can't afford to fly back home... :'(

Dougfish

Peddler

I heard about the Svelte soles several months ago when talking to a gent at Korkers. At the time I was told about their durability problems. I also learned they were like a very open celled Scotch Brite or 'pot scrubber' pad.
I've been thinking about getting a set despite the wear problem thinking that I would wear a different sole getting to the stream and then switching to the Sveltes. I need every bit of traction I can get and these soles seemed like just what I've been searching for. Now that they've made them even more durable I just might have to pop for a pair.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Knuklehead

while looking for waders I saw two pair of the Korker Boots.  One pair had laces and one pair had stainless steel cables with a ratcheting system.  As I am fat and all that goes with it the ratchet was intriguing, any one have these?
-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

Peddler

I have the Boa lacing system on my Korkers. That is the main reason I bought them. The size of my feet morph during a long day and retying gets stale after a while. That cable system just rocks. A twist of the knob tightens the cables and pulling the knob away from the boot  releases the cables allowing open and wide access to taking the boot off or putting it on. I liked the elastic lacing system on my old Chota's when they weren't breaking but this cable system is pure friggin'  genius.

Knuklehead

That is what I thought. My feet swell during the day if I stand up too long and this system looked like the best solution. 
-------------------------------------------------------
Take a kid fishing!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Peddler on October 24, 2012, 21:01:34 PM
I heard about the Svelte soles several months ago when talking to a gent at Korkers. At the time I was told about their durability problems. I also learned they were like a very open celled Scotch Brite or 'pot scrubber' pad.
I've been thinking about getting a set despite the wear problem thinking that I would wear a different sole getting to the stream and then switching to the Sveltes. I need every bit of traction I can get and these soles seemed like just what I've been searching for. Now that they've made them even more durable I just might have to pop for a pair.u

With as  much fishing as you do I don't think you have to worry about them wearing out
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 27, 2012, 21:36:30 PM
With as  much fishing as you do I don't think you have to worry about them wearing out
Wade gingerly and carry a green stick... along with your wading staff.
I got my licks in when I could but still haven't shot my wad. The 250+ fishing days a year are long gone and never to be seen by my sorry ass again but I'll still manage to get out once in a while.
Enjoy it while you can is all I can say about that.