News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

TFO Finesse

Started by consumnfire1229, September 10, 2012, 21:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consumnfire1229

I've read several reviews and found some good and some bad, but I am in the market for a rod used solely for dries on my local tailwater.  Since I am cheap and always find lower prices the most appealing, I am interested in the TFO Finesse.  Biggest issue for me right now is that I haven't had the privilege of casting one for myself.  One of the reviews I read stated that it did well with 10 to 12 foot leaders.  Can anyone chime in on its power to turn over long leaders???

Thanks,
Scott G.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Jfey

I don't own one, but have cast a few.  I wouldn't view it as a good tailwater stick.   I thought it was whippy also.  I casted the 3 wt, so the 4 or 5 might be better.
Yup, going fishing

consumnfire1229

Good to know.  I'm going to continue on with some research until I find a good fit.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

walt

The Finesse is more of a small stream-blueline presentation fine tippet designed taper dry fly rod and it does very well in those conditions

For a tailrace TFO rod go up a few bucks to the BVK or Axiom models or even the stiffer TiCrx model or go down a few bucks to the Pro II model which is a good boat rod that serves our unequipped clients well on the Catawba tailrace

tight lines and screamin' reels
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy