other
5 (16.7%)
one time at bandcamp I belonged to a group
4 (13.3%)
asshole
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

tarheelfly

Hey everybody- would greatly appreciate some recommendations for a shockproof, waterproof camera that has good battery life and macro features....had an older Olympus Stylus that was serviceable but after viewing some of the pics on the board, couldn't help but wonder what else may be out there...have considered the new Stylus as well as the Olympus TG-1iHS 12 megapixel (appears to be a nicer version of the Stylus)....appears some reviewers though are less than thrilled with battery life and the efficiency of the software....what are you all shootin' with?

Thanks in advance and tight lines!
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after."  Henry David Thoreau

Big J

I would greatly appreciate an intro before you go asking for help.

tarheelfly

My apologies Big J...I grew up fishing ponds and the coast of NC but became intrigued with fly fishing when I saw "A River Runs Through It" for the first time (cheesy I know but true)....I had visited Yellowstone with my family as a kid and had an opportunity to work there with my younger brother after my graduation from UNC in 1999 and it changed my life in many ways- especially in inducing an unquenchable passion for fly fishing...I returned to grad school in Chapel Hill after that summer (bleed Tarheel blue by the way- Yes, even amidst the current scandal/ ongoing NCAA investigation....GO TO HELL DOOOK!!!) and have been chasing trout predominantly on blue line waters in NC, southwest Va and eastern Tennessee every opportunity I get...been fortunate to get back out west from time to time as well....drink of choice- Maker's Mark on the rocks...hope this helps...
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after."  Henry David Thoreau

Get Bent

Cussing Duke will get you no where, and A River Runs Through it is Gay, not to mention it is everything wrong with this sport. Post up some home brew, BBQ, homegrown boobs, and you will fit in. I forgot to mention talk politics with Phil and where a swanky "Jersey Shore Style" watch and squeeze the shit out of your trout in every photo!

As for cameras I like an old fashion Polaroid! In all seriousness talk to WB he is the camera guru, however you may want to do a better intro before attempt to talk to the head cheese.'

Tight lines or something like that  -0-

Konichiwa Bitches!

Dougfish

Like a true tarheel, no research done. I'll copy and paste for you. And it's not in Swahili.  ;D

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,10046.0.html

flatlander

Quote from: Get Bent on September 02, 2012, 09:20:30 AM
Cussing Duke will get you no where

Cussing Duke is OK by me.  Welcome aboard.

The Dude

Tight Lines everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

tarheelfly

thanks for the link- will have to work on a better intro for the next life I suppose...oh well, back to catching creek chubs and listening to Coldplay for me- hopefully one day I can aspire to the coolness of some on this board... 

Fire-Fly

Didnt you know, some on here invented fly fishing.

Get Bent

Quote from: tarheelfly on September 02, 2012, 13:27:01 PM
thanks for the link- will have to work on a better intro for the next life I suppose...oh well, back to catching creek chubs and listening to Coldplay for me- hopefully one day I can aspire to the coolness of some on this board...

Yeah we are super cool over here! We all enjoy busting into new message boards and asking info without posting proper intros and posting up decent content. Yeah that is how us cool peeps roll. I guess its back to catching suckers and listening to Kenny G.

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels

Quote from: Fire-Fly on September 02, 2012, 13:31:09 PM
Didnt you know, some on here invented fly fishing.

Leave Phil out of this!
Konichiwa Bitches!

Fire-Fly

and A River Runs Through it is Gay, not to mention it is everything wrong with this sport.

Just curious, whats wrong with this sport?

Big J

Quote from: Fire-Fly on September 02, 2012, 15:15:08 PM
and A River Runs Through it is Gay, not to mention it is everything wrong with this sport.

The river ruins through it fly fishing group is what's wrong with the sport.

benben reincarnated

Would it be arguable that The River Runs Through It group does feed money into the sport, therefore benefiting us all through R&D money, new products, etc.?  It is kind of a necessary evil. 

I equate it to living in Asheville....I hate the tourists being in town all but most of the extreme winter months of the year, but they keep local businesses (to include local fly shops), restaurants and artisans afloat who otherwise couldn't solely depend on locals only supporting them. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

QuoteJust curious, whats wrong with this sport?

There are "pretentious snobby bastards", there are dumbass rednecks, there are thrill seeking whippersnappers, there are peckerhead old men, just to name a few of the clusters entrenched in the sport.  It is all good; diversity adds flavor.  Angling clones would be downright dull.   So, there ain't anything wrong with the sport.  It is as fun as it ever was.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Fire-Fly on September 02, 2012, 15:15:08 PM

Too many white people.