News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

some rods and reels

Started by _Fish_Pimp, August 27, 2012, 20:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Anyone need a 3-6 weight Ross Airius loaded with new cortland or hook and hackle (not sure) indicator 4wt line or Rio 5 weight line? The reel is pretty much new, has a couple nicks but has been cared for. $140, new it retails for over 200 not including the line. Also trying to sell my 9' 6wt, american tackle blank custom rod, $120..freshly refinished.
6' 2wt 4-piece small stream rod tiger eye blank with vermillion struble d2-s seat. $80.
6'6" 2wt 2-piece with bellinger black ash nickle silver seat with custom brook trout colored wraps and american tackle blank $150. message me if you're interested. I'm negotiable to an extent, everything is in good condition. If you want I can meet for sale or ship and if you want we can go fish some too  -0- Thanks!

[attach=1]
6' 2wt
[attach=2]
6'6 2wt...also trying to sell the orvis BBS1 reel in the pic with good wulff TT line, $85  has a intermittent problem with the drag, its not a big deal..it just needs the gear replaced, it should be under the unconditional whorevis' warranty so 10 bucks and it'll be like new, has some minor scratches also. http://www.orvis.com/orvis_assets/files/0608_BKBarstock.pdf     the part is number 7 on the diagram
[attach=3]
ross airius

rbphoto

interested in that 6' 2wt 4-piece.

Got any larger pics?
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

_Fish_Pimp

Not right now, Ill take some when I go home this weekend. I left it in winston-salem when I moved to my apartment.

Transylwader

You know how I know you boys are smoking giggle twig when you build your rods and the grip is the wrong way round...wish I could help out, but Im in the process of giving some of my shit away to some kids who are interested in becoming blueliners so I have space for my new shit for big guns...

_Fish_Pimp

that 6wt has your name on it transylwader...well I could certainly put it on there.  ;D and just remember I can build ya a big gun if ya want..I've done a few 8-10 weights for people that are doing quite well on the redfish down east, and the 10wt also got tested on "baby" tarpon, permit and snook in mexico a few weeks ago.

rbphoto

still interested in that 2wt . . .
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

_Fish_Pimp

Ill post pics as soon as I get home tonight, school is currently kicking my ass  b';

rbphoto

that's cool.

No hurry.

Take care of what you need to first.

I'll be here.

_Fish_Pimp

The orvis BBS1 and the 6' 2wt 4 piece were both sold locally today. Sorry rb.

Big J

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on September 06, 2012, 00:15:17 AM
The orvis BBS1 and the 6' 2wt 4 piece were both sold locally today. Sorry rb.

Yeaha, that's a dick move there. Especially when a guy is being patient and says this to you.

Quote from: rbphoto on September 05, 2012, 07:52:37 AM
that's cool.

No hurry.

Take care of what you need to first.

I'll be here.

rbphoto

Ain't nothin' but a thing, boys.

No harm on my end.

Glad the guy got the $$ he needs.

There will be other 2 wts down the road.

Raymond

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

QuoteAin't nothin' but a thing, boys.
No harm on my end.
Glad the guy got the $$ he needs.
There will be other 2 wts down the road.

Thumbs up Raymond!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

WRector

Way to take the high road Raymond!   'c;

_FishStick, you probably just cost yourself a few more sales by that dick move...  If I was a custom rod builder, that isn't the kind of rep that I would want to be putting out there... 
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

_Fish_Pimp

Photobucket wasn't working and the file was too big to attach it, a guy from the fly fishing club called me and said he wanted it and I took it to class with me. I didn't intentionally sell it out from under him, things happened how they happened and I am truly sorry that they did. I'd like to know what you would have done differently steelrain? You would have turned down 170 dollars in person?

Big J

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on September 06, 2012, 10:41:08 AM
Photobucket wasn't working and the file was too big to attach it, a guy from the fly fishing club called me and said he wanted it and I took it to class with me. I didn't intentionally sell it out from under him, things happened how they happened and I am truly sorry that they did. I'd like to know what you would have done differently steelrain? You would have turned down 170 dollars in person?

I'm not steelrain, but I'll tell you what I would of done.  Not been a greedy selfish person and told the guy that "I had someone who asked first and was interested.  If the first person who asked decided not to buy it then he could have it."  Then I would of practiced something called patience (photobucket is down) and let rbphoto have a chance to buy it.  Afterall he was patiently waiting since Aug 28 and you said you would get back to him.  As far as I'm concerned, if all my fly rods broke and you were the last person on earth to buy a fly rod from, I still wouldn't.  I don't bash people much, but people who aren't man enough to keep their word and then make up excuses are one thing that bugs me.