News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dumbass...

Started by Jfey, August 16, 2012, 09:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfey

If you go to their forum and read his posts, its actually pretty funny how he keeps digging himself deeper in a hole.

http://www.outdoorpressroom.com/outdoorpressroom/2012/08/anglers-over-limit-forum-posting-turns-out-badly.html

Angler's over-limit forum posting turns out badly

Some people just don't get it, evidently. When Dustin Heathman, 25, posted the details from the best day fishing of his life on the Austin Bass Fishing Forum— along with photos of the 15 bass (3 times the limit) he kept—he received a considerable backlash (pun intended) from the fishing forum readers, along with a subsequent visit from Travis County Game Warden Christy Vales. KXAN.

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54fc4703288340176173e9edb970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Angler's over-limit forum posting turns out badly:
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Read that this mornign on trout underground.  The guy works on an oil rig and says he only fishes a couple times a year so this justifies him keeping 3 times the legal limit.  What a moron.  Reminds me of when I got into it with a guy keeping 7 inch bass in my local fishing holes in GA.  He goes "What's it to you? You still get to fish even if I'm keeping all the fish I catch." 

Aka

Love this kind of shit, always good for a luagh.

I worked as a bag boy at the local grocery store in high school. The store manager was fired after calling the cops one night from the bar he was at to report a robbery. When the cops showed up he told them that a woman who he meet in the bar had offered to have sex with him for $100, he paid in advance and left to meet her at a motel but she never showed up. He was booked for solicitation of a prostitute.

Big J

Saw this link on "that other forum" and can't believe some people.  I guess he fly fishes, but he also trolls goldfish on a spinning rod....  Which he says he thinks is illegal but still does it. 

http://ross91690.blogspot.com/2012/08/stumpy-pond-re-visited.html

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I believe Goldfish are legal in SC.

"Bait fish:    means a fish allowed to be used as bait in the freshwaters including: Asian clams (Corbicula spp.), crayfish, eels, herring, shad, and fathead minnows (Pimephales promelas), golden shiners (Notemigonus crysoleucas), and goldfish, including 'black salties' (Carassius auratus)." (SC Regs site)

Now there are some dumb SC laws:

1.   By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
2.   Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.
3.   Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
4.   It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina.
5.   Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
6.   It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
7.   It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

Holly molly!  Can we use some of these to explain our SC brethren, like 5X and Dude?  Promising a gal marriage for a bit of fellation, lucky enough to receive, then crayfishing on the marriage, COULD get you in some deep SC doo-doo.  Add a horse to the bath bubbles of this kink fest and you are really in trouble.  I say promise to marry a married woman or marry the Lewinsky, then you can at least club her on the court house steps next Sunday, while on your way to your next crime, to buy that theremin you always wanted.  Sorry, what little mind remaining is off and running this morning.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 17, 2012, 08:36:32 AM
I believe Goldfish are legal in SC.

"Bait fish:    means a fish allowed to be used as bait in the freshwaters including: Asian clams (Corbicula spp.), crayfish, eels, herring, shad, and fathead minnows (Pimephales promelas), golden shiners (Notemigonus crysoleucas), and goldfish, including 'black salties' (Carassius auratus)." (SC Regs site)

1.   By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
2.   Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.
3.   Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
4.   It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina.
5.   Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
6.   It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
7.   It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

Holly molly!  Can we use some of these to explain our SC brethren, like 5X and Dude?  Promising a gal marriage for a bit of fellation, lucky enough to receive, then crayfishing on the marriage, COULD get you in some deep SC doo-doo.  Add a horse to the bath bubbles of this kink fest and you are really in trouble.  I say promise to marry a married woman or marry the Lewinsky, then you can at least club her on the court house steps next Sunday, while on your way to your next crime, to buy that theremin you always wanted.  Sorry, what little mind remaining is off and running this morning.

That is pretty funny.  Never heard of using goldfish as live bait, but still can't believe he linked his report on trolling with goldfish on a fly fishing forum.  Seems like SC wouldn't want a bunch of rogue goldfish in their river systems. 

The Dude

How did you know I am a theremin enthusiast?  It's the most interesting musical instrument in the universe.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

5xTippett

Mud, the only goldfish I have seen for sale as bait were in a store near Madison, Va.  The only goldfish I have seen in the wild were in a lake near Highlands, NC. many years ago. 

overbrook

Yes its legal in Sc to use goldfish....it is in a number of states. Its also legal to use rainbow trout as striper bait in SC.   that said here are some dumb fishing laws....

In California it is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless your target is a whale.

Idaho residents cannot fish from a giraffe's or camel's back.

It is illegal in Ohio to get a fish drunk. Also in this state do not go fishing for whales on a Sunday, It's a no, no.

Don't get caught catching crabs in Sarasota, Florida.

In Oklahoma and Seattle, Washington it is illegal to carry a fishbowl or aquarium onto a public bus because the sound of the splashing water may disturb other passengers.

It is illegal to catch a fish in Kansas with your bare hands.

You may not catch a fish in Pennsylvania with any body part except your mouth. Also dynamite cannot be used to catch fish.

Tennessee law says it is illegal to catch fish by lasso. (Too bad, it would make it so much easier to carry them back to the trailer park).

It's illegal to fish from horseback in Utah.

In Muncie, Indiana it's a crime to carry fishing tackle into a cemetery.

It is illegal in Vermont to whistle underwater. (Not to mention pointless, stupid and down right impossible).

Montana wins the prize in my opinion for stupid laws. It's illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all. It is also against the law for a man to knit during fishing season. This one is not fish related but definitely worth a mention... It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. (There go my Saturday night plans).

Across the pond

Scotland- You cannot fish at all on Sundays.

Liverpool, England- It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

Beetle

Quote from: The Dude on August 17, 2012, 10:23:33 AM
How did you know I am a theremin enthusiast?  It's the most interesting musical instrument in the universe.

My cousin plays lap steel in a duo with a theremin player.   I think they just played in Greenville.

Aka

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 17, 2012, 08:36:32 AM

5.   Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks. Read: Nikki Haley

:laugh:

phlyfisher

Quote from: overbrook on August 17, 2012, 12:07:01 PM
Yes its legal in Sc to use goldfish....it is in a number of states. Its also legal to use rainbow trout as striper bait in SC.   that said here are some dumb fishing laws....

In California it is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless your target is a whale.

Idaho residents cannot fish from a giraffe's or camel's back.

It is illegal in Ohio to get a fish drunk. Also in this state do not go fishing for whales on a Sunday, It's a no, no.

Don't get caught catching crabs in Sarasota, Florida.

In Oklahoma and Seattle, Washington it is illegal to carry a fishbowl or aquarium onto a public bus because the sound of the splashing water may disturb other passengers.

It is illegal to catch a fish in Kansas with your bare hands.

You may not catch a fish in Pennsylvania with any body part except your mouth. Also dynamite cannot be used to catch fish.

Tennessee law says it is illegal to catch fish by lasso. (Too bad, it would make it so much easier to carry them back to the trailer park).

It's illegal to fish from horseback in Utah.

In Muncie, Indiana it's a crime to carry fishing tackle into a cemetery.

It is illegal in Vermont to whistle underwater. (Not to mention pointless, stupid and down right impossible).

Montana wins the prize in my opinion for stupid laws. It's illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all. It is also against the law for a man to knit during fishing season. This one is not fish related but definitely worth a mention... It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. (There go my Saturday night plans).

Across the pond

Scotland- You cannot fish at all on Sundays.

Liverpool, England- It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

shit.... should i get rid of that whale? or maybe ill make a TR with self incriminating evidence  ::) seems like the cool thing to do these days
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Phil

Quote from: The Dude on August 17, 2012, 10:23:33 AM

OMG. I'm a professional blues musician who only plays old keys, Hammond organs, acoustic guitars, etc. , but actually agree with The Dude. The theremin is a very interesting musical instrument. I'm also an old acid head, so maybe that has something to do with it....  :embarassed: