News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Salutations

Started by appstbammer92, August 12, 2012, 19:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appstbammer92

After unknowingly posting without an intro, I figured I'd introduce myself to all the veteran fishermen of the area  bd;0
I'm a newly transferred App State sophomore from Tallahassee, FL. Found myself following my father's footsteps at an early age in the Tennessee Smokies fishing for bows and brookies around areas of the Little River. Born and bread a Whorvis fisherman, with a love for small side shoots and hard to reach pockets. I'll be studying Biology/Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology, and hope to one day repay the streams I grew up fishing by contributing to their maintenance and health as my generation seems to be forgetting the importance of nature as they continue to overdevelop and overpollute. Grew up wearing the orange and blue and swearing by the ole ball coach, then attended Alabama for a year before transferring to App, so I will definitely be keeping my opinions on any possible sports topics to myself as to not upset the Volunteer fans out there.
So far I've been intrigued by the information and the helpfulness of most of the posts I've viewed, and look forward to hopefully contributing my two cents in the future.
"If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him."

Dougfish

OK sophomore. I'll take a turn at a smackdown/greeting.
Quote: " I might need help figuring out how to tie my boots though."
Fl to Al to NC? At least you learned to swim upstream against the sh#t. Welcome to the Smokies where men are men, punks are punks, women are men, and sheep are scared. Where do you fit in?

Good luck in fishing and life.
Oh yeah, nekkid GF pics arriving soon?

appstbammer92

The boots quote was a joke haha. Thought I'd try my hand at the off handed sarcasm I've seen floating around  ;D I'd like to think I fall into the men category, but who knows.
Unfortunately, I'm of no help with the noody girlfriend pictures. Alas, I just moved up here, so give it a little time  8)
"If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him."

Big J

Glad to see you took my advice.  Got any fish pictures to throw up at least?  8)

appstbammer92

All of my pictures were taken while fulfilling limits in Tennessee, so I'd rather not take a beating for posting photos of extremely bad handling. Plus, my largest catch doesn't even surpass a foot (mind you I've only fished outside of Tennessee's wild streams twice) so compared to all the beauts I've seen in one day, I'm a bit embarrassed at my lack of trophies.   :'(

FoulHook

Take full advantage of your location. Boone has some ridiculous good water very near. I didn't take full advantage while I was in school there, even though I fished, I could done better and bigger. I regret that. Make sure you explore, constantly. The area is full of surprises and 4 years of school is not enough to cover it all, but you will be rewarded if you search. Oh yeah, and go to class too or something like that. Now I'm just another person stuck in raleigh chucking worms in the Neuse.........
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

NewTyer1

I'm to old for the sarcasm. Hell I've forgotten how even to deliver it but anyway, welcome to the sight as brutal as it can be sometime.
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

flatlander

Oh, Lord!  You father knows you like to fish, and he willingly sent you to App State?  You'll probably be there for 7 years. :laugh:

Jfey

You've got a lot of exploring to do.   Take advantage of it.
Yup, going fishing

Woolly Bugger

welcome, wolly jr. is a sophomore there too... he doesn't fish much...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rog 1

Quote from: Flatlander on August 13, 2012, 07:44:13 AM
Oh, Lord!  You father knows you like to fish, and he willingly sent you to App State?  You'll probably be there for 7 years. :laugh:

Not if I am paying for it....will gladly introduce him to my banker....prefer to look at him as a scout for my upcoming retirement.

flatlander

Quote from: Rog 1 on August 14, 2012, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: Flatlander on August 13, 2012, 07:44:13 AM

Not if I am paying for it....will gladly introduce him to my banker....prefer to look at him as a scout for my upcoming retirement.

Good for you Dad.  Had I gone to App State...well I'd probably still be there

Stone-Man

You have smallmouth about 45 minutes from campus also. PM me and I will tell you where they live

JT

croaker

Welcome aboard even if you're going to APPY State.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

AL trout bum

I know if I was close to trout water while in college, it would have been much longer for me. However, you can probably do a lot of your "projects" and "presentations" on trout and the general ecology of the tout stream. Of course these would require ample time on the water for "research." At least you got smart and left Bama.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."