Gills on top.

Started by croaker, March 28, 2006, 22:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Here's a few Bluegills that ate on top this evenin'

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

lepomis_mcro

thats some good looking stuff ;D ;D ;D
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Gofisher

Yeah buddy! Looks like some good eating there. Did the first one prick ya in the finger?  ;)

walt

nice fish! ..... is that an old hardy?  :)

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

nice! glad you're out and catchen 'em....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

FT

They be some nice 'gills Croaker. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

badankles

awesome.  i can't wait until they starting hitting on top here.

i'm thinking about downsizing to a 2 or 3wt just for these buggers.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

croaker

Yep, Gofisher that one drew a little blood.   Didn't take anythin' to keep the fish so... I threw around a dozen and a half back fer another day.  Didn't tell the Mrs. as she would be pissed to know I didn't keep enough fer a meal  ;)

Walt,  be nice to have an old Hardy :) 
It's a Garcia Kingfisher GK-42 that was snatched outta a trash can in like new condition in the late 70's.  Price was right (free) and it was a much better reel than the one I was using from a $19.95 Martin rod/reel/line starter kit.  Fished it hard til @ 2002.  Wore the pawls slap out... That reel helped land many, many fish and memories...

Tried to find some replacement pawls wid no luck...  Put it up in a place of honor til early this year... 

Posted a ? on the FFM board and found out the drag was a Hardy knock off.  Ordered new pawls from House of Hardy in England and hope to get 25 more years of fish and memories wid that reel  ;D

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Trout Chaser

That's some good fun Don. :)  Can't wait till they start hitting on on top up here.  Come on Spring.

TC

Shane

Nice. I can't wait til they start it up here.

S