I will forever forward carry a net

Started by robs_seven, August 06, 2012, 00:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 18:19:19 PM
Quote from: Flatlander on August 09, 2012, 18:04:50 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 17:46:29 PM
Come talk to me about spooky and difficult to catch when you fuckers start casting to Carp on a flat in a foot of clear water with a fly that has dumbbell eyes.

List of the most difficult trout...GEEZ  :o

That's like a list of the coolest fly fishermen.

That may be, but let me see you go plop a nymph on top of a 25" Brown on the Holston on a flat in that gin clear water and let's see what your success rate is. 

Can the nymph be a little 3mm round pink ball in the fall of the year (maybe with a little sauce on it) ?  That's what seems to work for everybody else on those things.  And try plopping it upstream of the fish and let it drift down to him, he won't be nearly as spooky.  ;)

Tell you what Ill make a deal with you...

After school is back in and the Bass-Car fuckers and the drunk pleasure boaters get off the lake come down and we will fish for the carp.  Then the next week we will go float the SOHO, you show me where a 25 inch rising brown is in slick water and Ill try to catch it.

No, no chief...you gotta catch them in the summer.  I wanna see you stick one in July.  Forget raping the spawn.  No night fishing either.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Flatlander on August 09, 2012, 18:22:55 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 18:19:19 PM
Quote from: Flatlander on August 09, 2012, 18:04:50 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 17:46:29 PM
Come talk to me about spooky and difficult to catch when you fuckers start casting to Carp on a flat in a foot of clear water with a fly that has dumbbell eyes.

List of the most difficult trout...GEEZ  :o

That's like a list of the coolest fly fishermen.

That may be, but let me see you go plop a nymph on top of a 25" Brown on the Holston on a flat in that gin clear water and let's see what your success rate is. 

Can the nymph be a little 3mm round pink ball in the fall of the year (maybe with a little sauce on it) ?  That's what seems to work for everybody else on those things.  And try plopping it upstream of the fish and let it drift down to him, he won't be nearly as spooky.  ;)

Tell you what Ill make a deal with you...

After school is back in and the Bass-Car fuckers and the drunk pleasure boaters get off the lake come down and we will fish for the carp.  Then the next week we will go float the SOHO, you show me where a 25 inch rising brown is in slick water and Ill try to catch it.

No, no chief...you gotta catch them in the summer.  I wanna see you stick one in July.  Forget raping the spawn.  No night fishing either.

reread it. 

Fine, next July Ill join you on the SOHO.  You show me where all the 25 inch browns are and Ill try to catch them.

By the way:  The Carp are tough all the time.  Not just mid-day in July.

flatlander

I bet Beetle and I would be all over a carp trip with you.  We'll buy the beer.  I'll be happy to walk you around the river pointing out the big fish, but you'll have to fish to 'em laid up in the slots because you know good and well they ain't gonna be rising

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Flatlander on August 09, 2012, 18:49:27 PM
I bet Beetle and I would be all over a carp trip with you.  We'll buy the beer.  I'll be happy to walk you around the river pointing out the big fish, but you'll have to fish to 'em laid up in the slots because you know good and well they ain't gonna be rising

:laugh:  Yep

We need to make that carp thing happen.  It was a serious invitation.  To you both.  No need to bring beer unless you like it.  I don't drink and fish at the same time. Both require focus and attention for me.  Remember this about late September and send me a PM.  I may be able to talk Bent into coming down too, and bringing that Cat's Ass of a boat the he recently acquired.  It wont be worth it until then as you can only fish till about noon right now with all the wake board boat traffic that blows the place up.

flatlander

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 18:55:04 PM

We need to make that carp thing happen.  It was a serious invitation.  To you both.  No need to bring beer unless you like it.  I don't drink and fish at the same time. Both require focus and attention for me.  Remember this about late September and send me a PM.  I may be able to talk Bent into coming down too, and bringing that Cat's Ass of a boat the he recently acquired.  It wont be worth it until then as you can only fish till about noon right now with all the wake board boat traffic that blows the place up.

Buddy,
I'll be all over it.  I want you to show me how it's done!

John...you in?

Beetle

I'm in.

The first carp I caught on a fly rod was at "Loch Norman" in 1992.   He inhaled a dough ball fly on a piece of junk Cortland 5 wt with a piece of junk click and pawl reel.   Fought like a wahoo, one good run into the backing and then drug him in.

You "foogers" act like you invented it.    ;)

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Flatlander on August 09, 2012, 18:59:42 PM
Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 09, 2012, 18:55:04 PM

Buddy,
I'll be all over it.  I want you to show me how it's done!

John...you in?

Hell I suck at it.  Ill show you where they are at but if I could show you how its done Id hate the damn things and nearly refuse to fish for them anymore.

Oh and Buddy is BRA. 

You probably saw BRA's big ass carp

I'm Heath.

This is what I catch (the little ones)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Beetle on August 09, 2012, 19:01:09 PM
I'm in.

The first carp I caught on a fly rod was at "Loch Norman" in 1992.   He inhaled a dough ball fly on a piece of junk Cortland 5 wt with a piece of junk click and pawl reel.   Fought like a wahoo, one good run into the backing and then drug him in.

You "foogers" act like you invented it.    ;)

That sounds like a Grassy

Beetle

Nope.   That one was old yeller.   

One things fer sure, we'll be some buff wearing bozos out there.   Can we invite Mudwall too?  Please?????

flatlander

5xTippett

I used to shoot carp with a bow.  That is a blast.  We used to have a house on Potato Creek at the Santee and the carp used to spawn during the month of April.  I would park the boat and wade in the buttons bushes and sit tight.  I stayed fairly close to the boat, because that area is full of alligators.  I started turkey hunting in my early 20's and I quit messing with the carp, but it was fun as the dickens while it lasted.