News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Big J is getting married.

Started by tomato can, July 20, 2012, 16:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomato can

Congrats on getting married tomorrow.  Even if you usually out fish me. 

Tomato Can

Beetle

Transylwader

Congrats, a heart felt congrats Meneer Vinson, make it count 8)

Woolly Bugger

Remember Kyle's words, marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tomato can

I've never heard that wooly it almost made me snarf my coffee!

benben reincarnated

overbrook

Damn....I'm sorry to hear that Bigj.....I'll be thinking about you (while my old lady is nagging the piss out of me)    Seriously though...Congrats.....here's to many years of wedded bliss  /'/

Dougfish

I tried to warn him. It took me three tries to get it it right. Of course, none of it was my fault! And we won't discuss the damages, Kyle. :o

I wish you much bliss, Jacob!

phlyfisher

congrats jacob. hopefully youll be allowed out to fish when im back in the holler. it seems you and tomato can will now both be in the same bind when you want to fish....many happy years to you and the old lady. /'/
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 20, 2012, 20:47:10 PM
Remember Kyle's words, marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!

This

Grannyknot

Congrats BigJ.
Marriage aint that bad, but then again, I managed to fool a girl that is a lot cooler than I am.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Good luck Big J!

I have found that the spouse will not remember how much outdoor gear (rods, guns, etc.) you have after you've reached a certain threshold.  Try to get to that level as quickly as possible.  Obviously every gal is wired differently, so the number of rods, for example, will vary.  I can't exactly recall but I think after 10 – dozen rods my wife had no idea how many I had, she could no longer remember or no longer cared.  I could bring a new rod home every week with no problem; I just never told her.  If you call attention to new gear, then you are a fool.  It is a quid pro quo deal; you will not remember her shoes or clothes.  It is a wonderful game, enjoy. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

rbphoto

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 26, 2012, 08:38:22 AM
Good luck Big J!

I have found that the spouse will not remember how much outdoor gear (rods, guns, etc.) you have after you've reached a certain threshold.  Try to get to that level as quickly as possible.  Obviously every gal is wired differently, so the number of rods, for example, will vary.  I can't exactly recall but I think after 10 – dozen rods my wife had no idea how many I had, she could no longer remember or no longer cared.  I could bring a new rod home every week with no problem; I just never told her.  If you call attention to new gear, then you are a fool.  It is a quid pro quo deal; you will not remember her shoes or clothes.  It is a wonderful game, enjoy.

What he said!!!!

Works the same way with tools and firearms.

Best part about my workshop is that it is dirt-floored and a haven for mice, snakes, wasps and spiders. 

She's been inside it 2x in the last 12 years.

And anything inside the gun safe is out of sight and out of mind.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 26, 2012, 08:38:22 AM
Good luck Big J!

X2 on that.

I also insist that when I go to the fly shop they keep the receipt and I don't take a bag either, removal of all evidence of purchases is key.   You can also consider having internet orders shipped to your place of work.  I am willing to accept she is equally coy with her purchases, although the number of empty Target bags accumulating at the house where we store them for recycling is alarming.

Woolly Bugger

that may be the best advice that ole mudflap has posted...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!