News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New Silver Sonic Waders

Started by Big J, July 10, 2012, 20:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Never been a big fan of Orvis, but these waders do look pretty sweet.  Doubt I'll ever be able to afford them though.

http://www.orvisnews.com/FlyFishing/Video-New-Silver-Sonic-Waders.aspx

snagaluffaguss

I'm a cynic I know but I'm still gonna say...

If they had spent as much money in wader research for these new waders as they did in market research...

they could have probably built a fairly decent wader that might not leak.

Woolly Bugger

wait I thought Redington developed Sonic Waders? No?

I don't think I'll buy any Orvis waders again, but I will be looking for a new pair of Simms around Christmas time....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 10, 2012, 21:55:46 PM
wait I thought Redington developed Sonic Waders? No?

I don't think I'll buy any Orvis waders again, but I will be looking for a new pair of Simms around Christmas time....

I've always heard bad things about orvis waders (and their new products in general) but i'm really interested on what the reviews will be on these waders come sept.

For me I won't get a pair of orvis waders just because my Simms waders I've been so pleased with. 

Red-Ass

Orvis makes one hell of a dog bed and that is about all they are good for...............

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

Those are copy cats of Simms G4 Zippered. At least they dont cost $700.
When will one of these wader manufacturers make some that is conducive to bluelining? Kevlar knee pads, a flap for the ole schlong to be whipped out to take a slash etc? Oh I forgot, it's a small number of people who are dedicated to bluelining. No market for it >:D

robs_seven

Hey I have some Reddingtons   Used them a few times so far and like them pretty good but there's no way they would have even held up to the bush whacking of last weekend.
!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

Big J

Quote from: robs_seven on July 11, 2012, 11:55:44 AM
Hey I have some Reddingtons thanks to the SAFFA.  Used them a few times so far and like them pretty good but there's no way they would have even held up to the bush whacking of last weekend.

They need to make waders where the pant legs are covered with a buffer to keep thorns, sticks, etc from piercing the waders.  Maybe make a pants leg cover to go over the waders that allows that to be pierced instead of the waders.  I know I would probably buy them....then again I wet wade about 8 months out of the year.

Transylwader

Quote from: Big J on July 11, 2012, 12:05:47 PMI wet wade about 8 months out of the year.
^this. Only time I wade in waders is if I head to Kentucky or if the water is colder than 50F. I am a complete pussy if it's cold. My vagina needs to stay warm :-*

Grannyknot

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 11, 2012, 10:07:26 AM
I like Sonic tater tots :D

do you ever keep any tater tots in the zipper pocket of your waders?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

AL trout bum

I have had a pair of the Redington sonic pro zip front for about 6 months now. I love them. No leaks and I have bluelined with them, crawled on rocks with them, and definitely put them through their paces. They licensed the technology from whorvis. And in my experience, have done a better job in building them.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Big J on July 11, 2012, 12:05:47 PM
Quote from: robs_seven on July 11, 2012, 11:55:44 AM
Hey I have some Reddingtons thanks to the SAFFA.  Used them a few times so far and like them pretty good but there's no way they would have even held up to the bush whacking of last weekend.

They need to make waders where the pant legs are covered with a buffer to keep thorns, sticks, etc from piercing the waders.  Maybe make a pants leg cover to go over the waders that allows that to be pierced instead of the waders.  I know I would probably buy them....then again I wet wade about 8 months out of the year.

It's called 5 layers of Gortex and it does exist.  If I can't bust a pair of waders then neither can you.

Trout Maharishi

Wonder if they would stop a bullet? ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

My waders now have 3 layers of Gortex and will be going back to Simms this spring for repair.