Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Michael Toris

It's no carp but, I guess it's better than sitting at home

Transylwader

You WS bearded fuckers are a weird bunch...where the cunter is my blasted invite?

Dougfish

Tranny,
You have been very social on the boards in the past few. Giddy, playful. You even took Dylar fishing. Humanitarian-like.
Ah Spring. It brings lovers, combatants, territorial males, and compliant hens into a social whirling dervish that leaves us breathless, and in awe. And then the Saffa with a 2 wt and a 18 pack of PBR entered the field. Screenplay by Homer. Should be an epic spring for you. And the casual observer. Carry on.

But just to be clear, you don't want a piece of the Smith. It wants a piece of you.

Beetle

Last time I invited Tranny to fish- I never heard back from him.   I spotted him cruising through WS on the way to "something way more epic".   He gave me the finger and hightailed it to wherever he was going to catch 5" brookies, break rods and get arrested.    :P

Sound about right Keith?

NCsporksman

It got a piece of me yesterday, all up in my waders and only a dink brown to show fer it all, fack!!

22midge

the old gal has enough slick rocks to keep you honest...........every once in awhile you have to write her a check.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

Tranny, you know the door to the Smith is always open... -+;

Spork is going to have to take a loan to cover the debt the river is collecting...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

No photos, no fish, from a Sunday visit to the river on race weekend. Water and wind were up, tossed a green sex dungeon. Moved a nice fish right off the bat, then found an eager bastard who hit the fly four times, coming completely out of the water twice, it failed to swallow. Water was pushing hard with an extra 125 cfs. That wind was monstrous and almost blew me into the drink several times.

Thought I had the race traffic beat but stop lights on 158 were all backed up, it took an extra 30 minutes to get home.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Transylwader

I want a piece of this beat down the Smiff claims she dishes. I bet it's served...cold.
Im flex. Beetle, I haven't been arrested in 9 months. /'/

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on March 31, 2014, 10:20:13 AM
I haven't been arrested in 9 months. /'/

a bit overdue, aren't you? :;!
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

I want a piece of this beat down the Smiff claims she dishes. I bet it's served...cold.

Looks like an interesting April lining up for you, pune.

Transylwader

Quote from: Dougfish on March 31, 2014, 10:37:20 AM

Looks like an interesting April lining up for you, pune.
We'll make it OUR lovefest. April, she's a chick, not the overrated steelie queen, the news reporter from The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. :;!

Dougfish

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

For your Monday viewing pleasure, I bring to you a few spring hours spent on a Virginia tail water. I wanted to get to the water early, but it's not always easy to rise early on a Sunday morning, but I still managed to get there before nine and there were some shadows reaching out across the runs I planned to fish. I went with a olive peanut envy based on past experiences on this water. Nothing, no follows, not strikes, nothing at all. I noticed some boot prints on the way in and wondered how hard the river had been hammered on Saturday. Were the fish sulking in the depths? I changed flies, several times, to no avail, before moving on down to the next run, a fishy looking place, where I had never caught or even seen a trout before. A pretty significant caddis hatch was going on and the flies were dapping the water in their final glory. I was now casting a white Zoo Cougar which I acquired from the Ditch Monkey a few years back, spun hair is something I haven't mastered, the fly looked alive in the waters as stripes caused it to flutter in an appetizing manner. Working from close to far, the last casts were up against a submerged tree. Strip, Strip, Strip, Bam! Fish on. The smallest brown from this section, but a fine specimen non the less. Despite working more water, my one fish streak continued. The sun was now high in the bluebird sky and any confidence of getting a trout to strike had faded in the bright light.

me -There's a season?