News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger, canii and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dee-Vo

I've had a few ass-busters due to the frozen felt in my time. I hope to hit the Smith again on Thursday with @buddy_25_99 if all works out.

Dougfish

Back in July, Keith I were fishing the crap out the Sulfur hatch. I was hoping to get to 50 trips this year, he to 100. He wasn't too far ahead of me at that time.
Since then, he has mashed the pedal to the metal. I'm at 58, he's at 135.
Reminded me of the scenario in the above episode. Advance to 50:40 - 52:40 if you don't want to watch it all.
(Although, I highly recommend the entire 10 part series.)
Parliment/Funkadelic concerts grew very elaborate.
They were cramming as many people on the stage as possible.
Other groups struggled to keep up.
Here the head man for the Ohio Players admits "P-Funk came with the bomb.
It was too much. We just couldn't hang."

WB came with the bomb this year.  :bow  :bow  :bow

We fished today in perfect weather for a BWO hatch.
Nada. Nothing happening. Very quiet day. Even the kingfisher was silent.
I was very hardheaded and determined to fish some new patterns.
Switched to some sure things. Not today, asshole.
I wear the skunk.
Keith did better because he moved around.
I'll be back for redemption.  :laugh:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

#135 35 ~ 41 cloudy

My audio book loan was due back this afternoon and I had 4 hours left. I managed to finish up by the time I arrived at the river.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

You would think, like Doug and I that this was going to be a banner BWO day with tons of bugs and a plethora of trout gobbling them up.

But that didn't happen. Fortunately, I had a backup plan and I got some bumps on the rubber legs and hooked a nice fish that took me into the weeds and came off the barbless hook. I left a couple of them hooked on submerged wood and did a lot of rerigging before heading down to join Doug for a snad and a beer.

Doug went after the few sippers out on the flat water with his new fly ties and I headed down to a decent run.

First cast, bam!

More fish came to hand as I worked over this section.

It was getting late in the afternoon and if the bugs were going to come off it should happen soon. I headed back to check on Doug. We began our hike out with plans to check several spots. Nothing was happening there either, so I continued to nymph and only managed one more hand.

Doug headed up further with hopes of finding a willing fish to break his skunk of a day.

Bugger 8 or 9, Dougfish 0

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fishbug

River looks like its fishing goooood-----may head down there Thurs afternoon  :wave

trout-r-us

Thanks for sharing your adventures men. I enjoy looking at the pictures and try to figure out where you were.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dougfish

Quote from: trout-r-us on December 22, 2021, 18:24:53 PMThanks for sharing your adventures men. I enjoy looking at the pictures and try to figure out where you were.

Just send a message.  :P
Not many secrets, here.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

trout-r-us

Quote from: Dougfish on December 22, 2021, 18:52:27 PM[

Just send a message.  :P
Not many secrets, here.
[/quote]

Thank You for the offer, but no secrets do I seek; only memories. 🤔
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Phil

Quote from: Fishbug on December 22, 2021, 10:44:34 AMRiver looks like its fishing goooood-----may head down there Thurs afternoon  :wave

Hmmmm. From the recent reports, it looks to me like its fishing good for really expert technical tailwater fishermen. That counts my ass out.

greg

Quote from: Phil on December 23, 2021, 09:46:44 AM
Quote from: Fishbug on December 22, 2021, 10:44:34 AMRiver looks like its fishing goooood-----may head down me too. there Thurs afternoon  :wave

Hmmmm. From the recent reports, it looks to me like its fishing good for really expert technical tailwater fishermen. That counts my ass out.

greg

Counts me out as well.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on December 23, 2021, 09:46:44 AM
Quote from: Fishbug on December 22, 2021, 10:44:34 AMRiver looks like its fishing goooood-----may head down there Thurs afternoon  :wave

I look back to the days when the sulfurs were coming off, that was good fishing. This bwo hatch or lack thereof is maddening!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Fished it a couple hours this morning. I really suck at this river.

Dougfish

Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 23, 2021, 18:28:56 PMFished it a couple hours this morning. I really suck at this river.

There are many, many miles of the river. Move around. You may find sections that meets your style.
I'm going lower tomorrow. Mojo needs a boost.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on December 23, 2021, 18:41:34 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 23, 2021, 18:28:56 PMFished it a couple hours this morning. I really suck at this river.

There are many, many miles of the river. Move around. You may find sections that meets your style.
I'm going lower tomorrow. Mojo needs a boost.

I've fished it in several places. I've caught fish just about every time.

I feel like I need to be in a certain very passive mood to go there and not get aggravated. Learning curve, I reckon.

Having success a few times, then going and feeling like you suck is a kick in the ballsack.

'Tis fishing.

Dougfish

Every time I fish, I go in with supreme confidence.
Life rule.
If you don't plan to succeed, you plan to fail.

I might suk, but I don't plan to suk.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,