News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver, creakycane, terrestrial, 22midge, mobcrack, JCB3 and 125 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dougfish

'c;
Got my Pfizer booster this AM. Meh.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

54 degrees. Partly cloudy.

Getting in a few more hours before I head out to Harkers for some Albie fishing next week...  d:b

Hit the lower reach, hooked several, a few came to hand, and one let me get a photo...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

#115 temp in the low 50s Gas $3.24
The rain made the river unfishable on Friday, but it was looking better on Saturday, so I took a chance and hit a lower section of the river. It was still heavily stained and flowing strong. I still thought streamers would produce. They didn't.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Back to the usual beat. It's definitely fall and layers were required. The wind was wicked at the start but diminished when I got on the water. Full shade on the water in the afternoon now. I tied on a clouser and went to work.
I was feeling defeated after an hour without a strike, well maybe I had a grab or two. Then I started getting into some fish.
DSFK

Abandoned vehicles

The water was cold enough to bring out the nytril gloves.

A good evening of fishing with a handful of fish on a streamer.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

#117 Sunny 48 degrees

mo·men·tum
the strength or force that something has when it is moving
forward momentum

The clouser I'm fishing is bigger than any that we used for the albies. The trout seem to like it. I got a good handful plus 4 or 5 more grabs in a couple of hours.
I was on my way down to the last run when I stumbled and as I tried to catch myself my momentum carried me forward and after falling to my knees I continued forward and broke my fall with my arms going in up past my elbows. As I regained my footing I scooped up a couple of gallons on water and I felt them run down and fill up my booties.
I was about mile from the car and almost quit, but I went on down and fished the last run. I didn't even get a bump.
Hiked out before the sunset

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Steady, big boy. Steady.
Don't want to be crayfish food.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

Good thing the river bottom stopped you quickly when you slipped :cheers I went in like that once and got a bunch of water in my waters and couldn't get back up the bank and was standing in waist deep water. I cut them open with a knife and was finally able to wallow back up the bank. I drove back to the campground naked in my truck.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 15, 2021, 20:10:40 PMI drove back to the campground naked in my truck.

Isn't that the way you always roll? :Dance  :Dance 
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

No pants, my nuts always get caught up when I sit in one postion too long.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

#118 40 degrees mostly sunny but I was in the shade...

Needed to stretch my legs, thought about boing low, but didn't want to run into people...

Lost some flies... two to sunken logs and one was a bad knot... fingers were cold...

Beavers have been busy, gnawing, blocking the trail and building a damn dam...

Had several better fish gulp, swipe and unbutton, before the one that hit the fly and found the weakness in my knot.

Finally caught a overachieving pune and called it a day as the sun was setting...

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

#119 Gas $3.14

45 going in 40 coming out and windy

With the wind the only logical choice was to throw a streamer, but I kept seeing the trout rise to miniscule BWOs and after several blow ups and bumps on the streamer I rigged up a 6x leader and tied on a #20 fly only then did I realize that all of my floatant and magic dust  was missing from my vest as I had removed all that stuff when I started concentrating on streamers. Anyway, I gave it shot and I did get a couple of fish to rise to my fly but it was difficult to see my fly on the water and the wind was brutal at times. I crossed over into some sunshine on the far bank and rerigged with a #2 clouser and headed to the last run of the day.

I hooked up and landed what is the best fish I've caught on this section in over 28 years.  d:b

I fished on for a while and got a couple more grabs and bumps but it was a one fish day.

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Love that color.  What a beauty!

creakycane

Heck of a fish for that section.  Darn rare.  Congrats!

Dee-Vo

trout-r-us

One fish day is great when the one is a beauty like that. Congrats!
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus