News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Is it April 15th yet?

Started by Big J, April 05, 2024, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Tax client's health hasn't been the greatest (90's) so I offered to come grab his tax documents for a couple hours of fishing his trout stream.  Arrived at his place in the morning.  Talked half the time about taxes and other half about his life, farming, and fermenting practices.  Fermenting talk led to him giving me some 3 year old fermented ramps which were surprisingly not bad.  Headed down to the stream in sideways blowing sleet and realized wet wading was a stupid decision but away I went.  Sleet and rain was sporadic in the next 2 hours, but fish bite was constant.  Best day I've had there with probably 40 plus fish in that short time period.  Extra water in the stream helped.

The mill stones

Stocker surprised me.  Fish was a good ways from stocked waters.

The Dude

Is that an outdoor research shirt you are wearing?
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on April 05, 2024, 08:42:13 AMIs that an outdoor research shirt you are wearing?

No, it's some cheapo flannel jacket.

Phil

I'd be happy to do that guy's taxes for the opportunity to fish his stream!

Woolly Bugger

Nice work! I guess you'll have to return those taxes for signatures and what not, maybe file extensions, and make two or three more trips...  :Dance  V:;  :cheers
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!