WTB Fishing Backpack

Started by Big J, June 14, 2012, 11:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Been using a Northface backpack for my long trips.  It's been working good and has enough room to store flies, gear, clothes, lunch, and tons of water.  Problem is that it was getting a musty smell to it so I washed it....and it got caught in the washer and ripped pretty good.  I should of turned it inside out before I washed it, but you live and you learn.  So I'm on the market for a new backpack.  Let me know if you got anything laying around your willing to part with.  Looking to spend around the $75 to $150 range, give or take depending on what kind of pack your offering. 

snagaluffaguss

I could let this go for 150

[attach=1]

Big J

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on June 14, 2012, 12:34:49 PM
I could let this go for 150

[attach=1]

Which fish pond pack is that?

Transylwader

Jacob, I have never used this pack, it's just sitting in the man-cave with a bunch of other stuff I'll never use. You can have it for $120. It's usually $170.
http://www.fishpondusa.com/piney-creek-tech-pack.cfm

snagaluffaguss

dryflying_18

Hey Snuff- I have a Fishpond Shooting Star (back pack only, no front attachment) that I would let go for $40 plus shipping. 

robspe7370

J, It isnt made by some fancy fishing company, but I use this pack up in the park and it is perfect.Dedicated bladder area, raised padded area on back keeps you cool. Enough room for a jacket, lunch, flyboxes,flashlight,tippet organizer, gink etc. And a waist belt in addition to the padded shoulder straps. Can be zipped tight for lighter trips or expanded when you need everything else. Also has the Molly lace system for cutomization. It has everything you need and costs a fraction of the price.Just food for thought.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/124hydrationpack.aspx
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

Big J

Thanks for the offers guys.  I bought tranny's pack though.  Took it out with me when I hit the SNP last weekend and I love it. 

PS thanks tranny for all those kaufman stoneflys you left in the front chest pack.  I wasn't complaining when I saw those in there  -0-

Transylwader

Quote from: Big J on June 26, 2012, 07:11:55 AM
PS thanks tranny for all those kaufman stoneflys you left in the front chest pack.  I wasn't complaining when I saw those in there  -0-
Aw fuck, I musta swapped out the foam insertion. Whatevers. I have hundreds of those damn nymphs. When fishing for leroy, him and his mates get into several dozen. Enjoy the pack, it needs a couple hundred miles on it to be blueline rated 8)