News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Georgia. Georgia.

Started by Big J, June 11, 2012, 11:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

NCjeepguy

This doesn't surprise me.  It seems the klan needs cheap advertising.

Big J

This one does make me proud to be from Georgia

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

President Obama's message to entrepreneurs that "you didn't build that" prompted one Georgia business owner to respond with a not-so-subtle retort.

"I built this business without gov't help. Obama can Kiss my ass," reads the sign outside Gaster Lumber & Hardware in Savannah, Ga. Owner Ray Gaster posted that and two similar ones at all three of his company's locations in response to Obama's comments during a speech to supporters in Virignia, which struck a nerve with small business owners around the nation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/01/georgia-businessman-posts-sign-after-didnt-build-that-debate/#ixzz22JtLJZ1G

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Sorry Big J, I don't see much difference in your proud accolade today from your post on 11 June.  Is it ok if I stereotype both?   And can I throw Ty Cobb in the mix?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 01, 2012, 13:43:31 PM
Sorry Big J, I don't see much difference in your proud accolade today from your post on 11 June.  Is it ok if I stereotype both?   And can I throw Ty Cobb in the mix?

Klu Klux Klan and Ty Cobb are racist.  Now today's post has nothing to do with sterotypical southern racism, but instead a Georgian who challenged Obama's statement.  Now someone might label saying "kiss my ass Obama" as racist, but that comment was made because of Obama's downplaying of everyday small business owner's hardwork.  If you were to subsitute Obama with Bush, Clinton, or anyother white President, suddenly the racism you impossed on the comment is taking out of it.  If America truly was "everyone created equal" then one could make a personal comment addressing a comment made to another without it turning into a race issue.  Thanks for helping me kill some time during the slow Wednesday at work.

Kind Regards,
Jacob

P.S. I do enjoy your sense of humor though

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Big J on August 01, 2012, 14:15:33 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 01, 2012, 13:43:31 PM

Klu Klux Klan and Ty Cobb are racist.  Now today's post has nothing to do with sterotypical southern racism, but instead a Georgian who challenged Obama's statement.  Now someone might label saying "kiss my ass Obama" as racist, but that comment was made because of Obama's downplaying of everyday small business owner's hardwork.  If you were to subsitute Obama with Bush, Clinton, or anyother white President, suddenly the racism you impossed on the comment is taking out of it.  If America truly was "everyone created equal" then one could make a personal comment addressing a comment made to another without it turning into a race issue.  Thanks for helping me kill some time during the slow Wednesday at work.

Kind Regards,
Jacob

P.S. I do enjoy your sense of humor though

I think he was saying that both the KKK and Mister Self Made Man are ignorant ass Georgia Mud Clods and probably both watch FAUX NEWS...

I ain't no fan of Obama but if you are willing to jump on that "you didn't do that" train...

well, you are either to lazy to watch something other than the edited sound bite on FAUX, or so thirsty and desperate for a drink of your own kool-aid that you will drink it even when it's been pissed in.

bullship

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on August 01, 2012, 17:21:22 PMwell, you are either to lazy to watch something other than the edited sound bite on FAUX, or so thirsty and desperate for a drink of your own kool-aid that you will drink it even when it's been pissed in.

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but that's funny. And true.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Woolly Bugger

In Obamma's speech at a campaign rally in Roanoke, if you listed to the whole thing, he is pandering to his audience. He gets on a roll with the feedback and to me he is really downplaying the importance of individual initiatives and appears to be telling his supporters that they are responsible for building infrastructure and enabling others to create businesses. It's not a far stretch to get to "you didn't build that (business) on your own. And I do find it divisive and insulting.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 01, 2012, 17:50:09 PM
In Obamma's speech at a campaign rally in Roanoke, if you listed to the whole thing, he is pandering to his audience. He gets on a roll with the feedback and to me he is really downplaying the importance of individual initiatives and appears to be telling his supporters that they are responsible for building infrastructure and enabling others to create businesses. It's not a far stretch to get to "you didn't build that (business) on your own. And I do find it divisive and insulting.

Well that just sounds like a whole lot of bs out of nothing. How does enabling others to build businesses take away from individual initiative?? As a business owner/self employed person/one man show i do a lot of stuff on my own, and I made the decision to start a business, and made the moves necessary to make that happen....but i wouldn't have made dollar one if i hadn't built and reached out to a community that supported me....Every business owner needs customers...and vendors....and blah blah fucking blah. This is stupid.

If ya'll want to find shit to be insulted by or pissed off about, i think you can do a lot better.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.

Beetle

He wasn't referring to communities.   He was talking about government.   

I think you need to pay more taxes.   :D

Big J

Quote from: Beetle on August 01, 2012, 18:50:11 PM

Bingo, so Bullship, please explain to me how the government helped you start your own business.

That's the reason why alot of people are upset with Obama's statement. 

bullship

Quote from: Big J on August 01, 2012, 19:04:08 PM

Bingo, so Bullship, please explain to me how the government helped you start your own business.

It didn't. I was responding to woolys post...that inferred that individuals shouldn't....whatever. This is still fucking stupid, and the very reason that i don't watch tv anymore. Fucking nonsensical bullshit nonsense that everybody misunderstands and makes their own bullshit conclusions about based on the 'tone' in which said bullshit thing was said and then repeated (with comment) by a bunch of dipshits with nice teeth and dicks for heads..... There seriously are real things happening in the world all of the time. I don't know anything about them either. 

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: bullship on August 01, 2012, 19:14:09 PM

It didn't. I was responding to woolys post...that inferred that individuals shouldn't....whatever. This is still fucking stupid, and the very reason that i don't watch tv anymore. Fucking nonsensical bullshit nonsense that everybody misunderstands and makes their own bullshit conclusions about based on the 'tone' in which said bullshit thing was said and then repeated (with comment) by a bunch of dipshits with nice teeth and dicks for heads..... There seriously are real things happening in the world all of the time. I don't know anything about them either.

'c;

snagaluffaguss

Ill take that challenge.

As an independent contractor I am essentially my own business.  In other words I have to pay taxes and Social Security after I get my check.

I drive on the roads to and from the river.
I guide fishermen on public water ways and lands.
My costumers camp in public campgrounds near the rivers that attract them.
I use electricity and phone lines and internet, a lot of the infrastructure of that was built by the public.  As well as the research that went into it.
I use WebGIS maps to find creeks and rivers as well as take outs and land owners.
I received an education through government loan programs.

etc...

benben reincarnated

Good banter boys, I've been missing this.    'c;

So I went to college on a state lottery funded scholarship, where do I fit in?

I will say that people have for ages been using snippets and shit that fits their agenda, fit their agenda.  Both parties do it, and this is just another example.

Carry on.