News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dumb Shits

Started by ajhock, June 01, 2012, 20:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consumnfire1229

My prayers are going out for you and your wife.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

mecnc

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Trout Maharishi

Latest email from Al.

I have been holding off an update until there was some good news but best I can report is she is stable.  The nurses are all saying she is doing good so I have to believe them.  The doctors say she is very sick but stable.  Source of the original problem is still unknown. Fever keeps coming back and all of her other systems are weakened because of it. Breathing is better and they are hoping to take her off ventilator tomorrow. Will run a test to see before doing that as they don't want to have to go back and insert it again as it is a very traumatic procedure.

Many of you have called and emailed and all of you have said prayers - Many on the fishing forums have done the same. For that I am very grateful.  We are not out of the woods yet so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Another thing you can do is look around and see someone you like or love and give them a hug. Don't take your present well being for granted.  This ordeal shows that things can change quickly.

al k
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

kylemc

Thoughts are with you Al.

Dougfish

Thinking happy thoughts, All. Big hugs from all.

Trout Maharishi

Good news from Al :)
Good news - Great news - Early this morning Anita woke up, became alert and very much aware of her surroundings. At 8:00 o'clock the doctor came in and was amazed to see her is such good shape and immediately pulled the ventilator tubes and all that assorted stuff out of her. When I arrived at 8:15 she was sitting up in bed with a tired smile on her face and waved as I entered the room. She is tired but very much improved. Her vitals are not all back to normal but are quickly moving in that direction. What a great day! What a gift from God!

She does not remember much of the past week. (Today is one week from her going into hospital - She went on ventilator 6 days ago)  - She does remember going to the Clark Clinic and then to hospital but not much else.  She had a vision that she died two days later (Friday) - I am not sure the details but she talked to someone or several someone's. She was very comfortable with that, saying she had a good life and if God thought it was time to go, it was ok. Needless to say I am so glad He has given her another chance.

We are still not sure what the underlying problem is or was but they are working on it. She is not 1000% better but we will take 999% right now.  Thank you so much for all your calls, thoughts and prayers. They worked.  Please keep them coming  -  and like I said in my last update, look around at your own life and circumstances.  Think positive and give someone a hug.

al k
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

Hang in there Al, if you need anything, I'm an hours drive or a call away.
Mike

Rog 1

Great news, Al.  The power of prayer and the positive thoughts that are generated through this board are amazing...I know what a relief it must have been to have seen her wave to you...I know it doen't sound like much but after what yall had been through it must have looked like a gift from God.

tomato can

That is great news!