Watauga River - Request for Information

Started by Ridge Runner, February 14, 2006, 22:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Runner

As your creel agent for the Watauga River, I have a favor to ask, please.

I am requesting angler information and/or catch input on Brook (BKT) trout on the Watauga River.  This would be inclusive from immediately below Wilbur Dam downstream to Gibson's Bridge during the 2005 calendar year and during this year 2006. This information is for research planning for further BKT data collection.  All that is requested is the general area on the Watauga where your BKT were caught and a general time/date of the event.  Any information will be very useful at any time during the 2006 year.

If you would like to contribute your BKT input/comments, please forward your data to the following address:  tnbrktrt@charter.net .  Any other comments about the Watauga and/or South Holston Rivers that you wish to express or bring attention to may be included in your remarks.

2006 will mark the third creel study since 1998.  I hope to see all of my friends and fishing buddies out on the river again this year.  Both the Watauga and South Holston will be creeled this year.  Those of you who have been fishing these two rivers the past two decades know how vitally important these studies are, and the weight the studies carry in resource planning and allocation at state level.  So, I hope that you, the angler(s), will spare the 45-60 seconds to render your "accurate" input into the data matrix as asked by the duty creel clerk for each of these two rivers.

I hope to see you on the Watauga soon,

"Major Mike" Widener

flatlander

Ridge Runner