News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Doc

Started by 22midge, May 29, 2012, 19:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22midge

just heard that Doc died this evening.One if not the best turns over the reins to someone new.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

bullship

Thats a damn shame
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

lostnwilderness

A fitting song for the end of a phenomenal life. "legend" is a word that gets throw around a lot lately and that is sad. This man was truly a legend!

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Grannyknot

When I woke up this morning, my radio alarm was playing his songs, and I knew what had happened over the night.  Very sad.
Rest in Peace.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Phil

Very sad.
I've known Doc and played with him onstage and backstage many times for 25 years. His son Merle was a personal friend, and I played on several albums that he played and produced before his death in the mid-eighties.
They are both missed. Merle was a wild man. We did a bunch of drugs together for years. Doc was .... just Doc. Here's a drink to you, Doc. You were the best guitar player I've ever heard or witnessed.  bd;0