A good waterproof camera.

Started by tomato can, May 29, 2012, 18:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Quote from: tomato can on May 12, 2013, 10:15:54 AM
I agree but I find composition tough!  I can kind of do the easy easy  foreground and aft shots, but that waterfall shot  has all kind of good things going on in it. 

I actually took a 3 hour workshop/class through a local photographer that was just on photographic composition.  It was definitely helpful, the biggest help was learning how to frame shots.  Rule of thirds is a good thing to know.

tomato can

I'll start posting some of my photo's mostly non fishing related.  I need to get up on the blue ridge and take some sunsets.  Its close I just ain't had the chance.  Also got a ton of water fall's around also. 

Big J

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_1_aw1_review/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This looks sweet.  Would make a great outdoor camera but for almost $800 I think I'll pass......

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

Pretty cool. I just wonder if they solved the focus issues from previous models (mostly video related, but photos, too, in the case of my camera and a few others I've seen in reviews).
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

Four reasons to upgrade

1. Aperture priority exposure mode
2. Remote app / preview on your phone
3. Improved macro ring light add on
4. Depth of field multi exposure thing
F. Wi-fi file transfer

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Looks like that Ring Light thingy will work on TG-1, 2, and 3!
It's just a light pipe from the LED flash to a plastic defuser ring.. , a little spendy at $60 n!n

The TG-3 offers four macro modes: Microscope, Microscope Control (maximum 44.5x magnification from 1cm), Focus Bracketing and Focus Stacking (multiple images are taken from foreground to background, and the areas in focus are automatically merged into one perfect shot). Add the new LED ring light and you've got a complete portable macro set-up.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/digitalcameras/tg-3.html?utm_content=tg3_banner&utm_campaign=TG-3_SH-1_launch&utm_source=email_etprm&utm_medium=email
me -There's a season?

benben reincarnated

I don't need this, but I do.  The focus stacking intrigues me.  My TG-1 has been good to me, hopefully it will continue that for a little while longer.

rbphoto

Focus stacking can be extremely useful for macro depth of field, if it actually works well with that little camera.  That's a lot of processing to ask of an in-camera option.  And I can only imagine it will require a very steady hand/tripod to work consistently well.

Here's an article about focus stacking in general - http://www.dpreview.com/articles/5717972844/focus-stacking-in-macro-photography

It can be done in photoshop, but unless you create an action or batch process for it (hard to do) it requires a lot of manual correction.

Check out http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker and http://www.heliconsoft.com/ for an idea of some other software options.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

gamatt53

Just bought a tg-2 a few weeks ago b';.

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

Man, fuck Olympus and every other gizmo creator. Buy the best today, then you have the worst tomorrow p;-

rbphoto

I still have a beater Canon 20d and just bought a "backup" 40d ( and looking for another one and a waterproof housing for it.  Point n shoots change all the time, but DSLR's and the pixel war is done - if it still functions, buy good glass and enjoy!!!!!!!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Aka

Quote from: rbphoto on April 02, 2014, 21:14:35 PM
I still have a beater Canon 20d and just bought a "backup" 40d ( and looking for another one and a waterproof housing for it.  Point n shoots change all the time, but DSLR's and the pixel war is done - if it still functions, buy good glass and enjoy!!!!!!!

I took a few photo journalism classes (pre-digital) and loved shooting with my SLR. Switched to point and shoot when cameras went digital because DSLR was cost prohibitive. I've gone through several, not really liking any of them and came to the point that you and mike make. The technology changes too fast and a $300 camera is outdated in a year.
I'll keep on catching average or slightly above average fish and taking average pics.