News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hillbilly Highway....

Started by lostnwilderness, May 28, 2012, 20:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostnwilderness

Got on some new to me water today.  Went with my Pop's and a friend of his.  Got lucky and right from the get go at the git in, it was on!!!  Had a blast and caught a ton of fish.  All were speck's except for 2 rainbows back to back after lunch.  No Browns so no slam but when you get lucky enough to catch that many brookie's you don't get to complain about the lack of slamage.

Got in and immediately missed 2 fish in 2 holes.  Then I got to climb over the damnedest wood jam I have ever see in a creek that size.
[attach=1]

But I was rewarded with this bad boy
[attach=2]

here is what the water looked like
[attach=3]

Check out the white tips on the red fins, schweet!
[attach=4]

Stopped for lunch and jumped on a different trib
[attach=8]

And immediately got into the California segment
[attach=5]

Old home place up in the hills
[attach=6]

Back to the brookies  ;D
[attach=7]

Up'n the gradient
[attach=9]

Lil tike!
[attach=10]

Followed up by a surprise bruiser up high!   V:;
[attach=11]

All in all a great day on the water with my dad and the best day of fishing so far this year.  Today was possibly the best pure brookie day I have ever had.  It just made it even more special to have it on new water and to get to share it with dad! d:b

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Transylwader

Those brookies are northern strain. No way southern strain get over 6", just my two cents...

lostnwilderness

Quote from: Transylwader on May 28, 2012, 20:31:43 PM
Those brookies are northern strain. No way southern strain get over 6", just my two cents...

I never said they were.  I don't really give a shit what genetically determined strain these were.  I had a lot of fun and a great day!
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

5xTippett

You did good fishing with your daddy.  Some of the best times I ever had were fishing and hunting with mine.

benben reincarnated

Good looking chit.  Fucking cockroaches are everywhere though.   b';

AL trout bum

Nice brookies. I caught browns the size of brookies today, but I would rather they had been brookies.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Dougfish

Ditto on fishing with your pop. Good stuff. 'c;

:o That's one way to slow down the traffic on a stream!