News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Chota STL's

Started by benben, October 16, 2011, 19:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

I picked up a pair of Chota STL's this Friday to replace my ailing wet-wading "river sandals" that I had pretty much completely blown out from all the fishing I've done this year.  They served me well with the after-market, home-made addition of some felt to the bottom of the soles.  My only criteria is getting the Chotas was that I needed a good, felt-bottomed boot to replace the p.o.s. boots I bought last fall before I broke out the waders out for this winter.

Maybe the boots I had were just that bad, but damn, these boots are great.  I wet-waded in them on Saturday with the Simms guard socks and have nothing but great things to say about the boots.  The weight is light, they are sturdy, feel like good hiking boots, drain super quickly once out of the water, and the felt is super grippy (and also black which I think looks good).   Read some reviews online about them being bulky but they never felt that way to me nor did ever feel heavy, wet or dry. 

troutboy_II

I need a new pair myself and I will replace my Chota STL's after 4 years of moderate to heavy use.  I agree, great boots!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Native Fisher

If you have a old pair that needs new felt, don't miss out on this deal.  Go to Chota's website, www.chotaoutdoorgear.com, and click on shop on the menu, find the felt replacement service and follow the instructions.  I lost the heel off one of my old WW350 STL's and sent them back to have the felt replaced.  For $65.00 plus the shipping costs both ways, I received back a brand new pair of boots.  When I called on the service, they told me they had very few pairs left in some sizes so act quick.  When they told me they don't repair them but just send you new boots, I thought "Hell yeah!" Half the cost of a comparable boot.