we don't always like to admit it but from time to time we do....

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 13, 2006, 15:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

fish Delayed Harvest streams.....

I talked Jedi into playing hookie today and since he's too cheap to buy a VA license we only had time to run up the the Mitchell River. As you can imagine on a beautiful day like today there were cars parked all along the stream. We parked at the end of the road and walked back downstream since two other fly fishermen were headed upstream. Jedi started fishing upstream from the bridge and I went downstream. I was trying to catch a DH fish on a white wiggle minnow (heheheh) I fished it hard in all the right spots but didn't get a bite, I didn't give up easy and spent about an hour with that fly. Finally I switched to a CDC that I got in the mail from Waffo56 in the Oct. Decal for Fly deal. I moved back up to where I saw a nice trout and once I worked the fly into his sight wham, Fish On! A fat little Brookie in the DH cookie cutter size 10". Then I picked up a nice ranbow in a run that I had worked the wiggler with. Moving upstream I lost the CDC to a tree  :'( :'(. So I tied on   JonC43's Royal Wulff Parachute and proceeded to work the bridge pool. I was way down below the tailout and was casting about 50' to the bridge, at that distance I missed a couple of rises, but finally got another brookie. Meet up with Jedi, he had me 5 to 3 at that point. I went up through the water he had fished earlier and didn't catch a thing. Soon I saw jedi up on the bank and it was time to go. At the parking lot I took a couple of shots of a guy fishing the new bridge pool with two onlookers. He managed to catch a fish while we were looking and Jedi had a strike at his streamer that he had earlier been throwing at a brood fish. He couldn't get that fish to move and resorted to calling it names and throwing rocks at it.  1/2 day fishing is better than none....

Thanks John and Jon for the flies!!!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Jettison, throwing rocks at fish doesn't work  ???, use a dry fly  0--0
Dumb arsh!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

Jedi must not have the force with him.  Instead of rocks, try corn next time.   
Peter

badankles

Quote...At the parking lot I took a couple of shots of a guy fishing the new bridge pool with two onlookers...

i would be so intimidated with people staring like that.  most likely, one of them would have been hooked instead...
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...