Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Warm Water / 2017 Warm Water
« Last post by Woolly Bugger on April 22, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »
I'm beginning to think that fishing the Staunton is a lot like fishing for musky

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

Just noticed the UPS typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Western Destinations / Re: The season starts in Twin Bridges
« Last post by Rhody on April 21, 2017, 23:46:54 PM »
Bushmills on your porch is one of the finer things in life!!

Glad to hear of all of the good times, maybe..........in the spring, in the fall for sure!
Warm Water / Re: A Little Hawgin
« Last post by Onslow on April 21, 2017, 20:22:07 PM »
I enjoyed that.

Are Roanokes responsive to topwater stuff? Ain't got none round here.

I've caught a few on top water, mainly in the 3 to 5 pm time slot with gear many years ago.

I suspect there are Roanoke here and there up your way.  Find rocks on the Bannister or Falling rivers.  If none can be found there, then go to the Fall Line sections of the Nottoway.

There's some mighty nice catfish and black ducks on the Bannister.    Love that river!

Perhaps you you try wading this area.  https://www.google.com/maps/place/36%C2%B054'14.7%22N+79%C2%B011'49.4%22W/@36.904075,-79.1981453,356m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d36.904075!4d-79.197051
Western Destinations / Re: The season starts in Twin Bridges
« Last post by Aka on April 21, 2017, 19:38:51 PM »
I don't know much about 'tana but I'm pretty sure the Jefferson and Big Hole are big, floating type rivers.  Have you hit any smaller water in the area?  What's it look like?

My favorite to wade is the three dollar bridge area of the Madison.  Stop in at Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone first.

Three dollar is a good road side spot for sure. Plenty of big fish and fast current. Stop at Driftwaters and get a burger and beer after fishing and say hey to Jerry for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by Lithwan on April 21, 2017, 14:17:53 PM »

Holy crap, you live in Asheville.  For some reason, I thought you lived in Blacksburg.  Ain't no Roanokes anywhere near you.

That all being said, I may coordinate a shoal bass shindig in the next year or two in central GA.  That would be worth a 5 hour drive
[/quote]

I'd make an effort to attend a shindig like that. Bass were my first fishing obsession, so getting a shot at a new species is appealing.
« Last post by Beetle on April 21, 2017, 13:47:17 PM »
I enjoyed that.

Are Roanokes responsive to topwater stuff? Ain't got none round here.

I've caught a few on top water, mainly in the 3 to 5 pm time slot with gear many years ago.

I suspect there are Roanoke here and there up your way.  Find rocks on the Bannister or Falling rivers.  If none can be found there, then go to the Fall Line sections of the Nottoway.

There's some mighty nice catfish and black ducks on the Bannister.    Love that river!
Western Destinations / Re: Going West
« Last post by billythreetimes on April 21, 2017, 13:03:55 PM »
South Fork will be ripping in May.   You can expect up to 33,000 CFS or higher.    If you can get in the side channels it's ok but you better be careful.   

Better option is go fish the Teton.    Get there early.

You can fish the Firehole but be prepared for snow.   Lamarr or Soda Butte too.

Kinda what I figured looking at numbers. I had plans on checking out the Teton, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks Beetle!
« Last post by Lithwan on April 21, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
Hell yeahs!  'c;

Lithwan, the rivers around here are full of rock bass, which are almost the same fish. They will hit pretty much anything anywhere as long as it's in the water.

You're not kidding. At times when fishing my local for smallmouth, I end up catching more rock bass than anything. Little guys don't put up much of a fight though..
« Last post by Beetle on April 21, 2017, 12:10:26 PM »
South Fork will be ripping in May.   You can expect up to 33,000 CFS or higher.    If you can get in the side channels it's ok but you better be careful.   

Better option is go fish the Teton.    Get there early.

You can fish the Firehole but be prepared for snow.   Lamarr or Soda Butte too.

« Last post by sanjuanwormhatch on April 21, 2017, 11:32:15 AM »
I can probably give you the most spot on intel you're going to get this side of the miss'ippi come may 8th or so.  That being said, you haven't done much to earn it.  You have about three weeks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10