Big fan of Ron Rash and John T. Edge. 
The bar is open.... / Re: Hey guys
« Last post by Dougfish on Today at 11:09:23 »
We knew you were squirrelly.
Welcome. Eat more brown trout.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The bar is open.... / Re: Hey guys
« Last post by Jfey on Today at 09:09:36 »
I doubt anyone remembers bailing on the swap... it generally happens every swap.

Welcome back.
The bar is open.... / Re: Beetle's Book and Word Thread
« Last post by themidge on February 22, 2018, 21:35:58 PM »
Read Hillbilly Elegy and really enjoyed it. Now reading Pottlikker Papers by John Edge: https://www.amazon.com/Potlikker-Papers-History-Modern-South/dp/1594206554

Good so far, but not far enough in to give a true assessment.
The bar is open.... / Hey guys
« Last post by themidge on February 22, 2018, 21:31:27 PM »

Hey guys.....

Long time, no talk. Been a year or more since I've been on the boards here. A lot has changed, a lot has happened. I doubt I'm remembered, but that's cool too.

I ghosted on a fly swap back in '16, felt terrible about it, and never logged back on. Still feel bad about that one, but I had a bunch of shit going on at the time.

Still in DC, broke up with the girlfriend of 6 years. More time to fish, drink beer, find myself and live at a slower pace - which is hard to do here at times.

Anyway, got out into the SNP last weekend, caught a few on dries, few on streamers. Going back this weekend weather permitting. Here's some pics, good beer and a smoked pork butt..... I doubt so much has changed around here that y'all no longer appreciate those things....

Cheers guys, sorry I went MIA.

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

Christmas beers

« Last post by Dougfish on February 22, 2018, 17:01:16 PM »
Whelen and Angier (1965) are on their way to my mailbox.

I received 2 copies of this by mistake -- ended up paying for 2 but dirt cheap.

The first person to PM w/ name and mailing address can have it - free and I'll mail next week.
Buy a book on "How to respond to email and other modern communications beyond smoke signals".

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 22, 2018, 16:57:06 PM »
Whelen and Angier (1965) are on their way to my mailbox.

I received 2 copies of this by mistake -- ended up paying for 2 but dirt cheap.

The first person to PM w/ name and mailing address can have it - free and I'll mail next week.
The bar is open.... / Re: We are in the home stretch...
« Last post by troutfanatic on February 21, 2018, 20:16:15 PM »
Ryan,

I responded...

thanks
The bar is open.... / Re: We are in the home stretch...
« Last post by ryguy on February 21, 2018, 18:51:48 PM »
Check your PM, Iíll buy some tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bar is open.... / We are in the home stretch...
« Last post by troutfanatic on February 21, 2018, 16:00:10 PM »

First, many thanks to those who bought raffle tickets- Dougfish, Croaker, Stone-Man and Jfey.
Second, time is winding down. I have about 11 days left to sell tickets on a Jackson CUDA 12 fishing kayak or a YETI 65 cooler to support Fayetteville-Fort Bragg Project Healing Waters.

As I am moving back north this summer, this is my last year with the Fayetteville program. I am trying to go out with a bang by raising $1000 in ticket sales. 100% of the proceeds supports this charity on a national level. It contributes to getting thousands of disabled veterans and combat wounded service members involved in our sport.

I ask you to take a moment and watch this video. The people in it are friends of mine that served from the Vietnam era up to the current Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. Let them tell you what PHWFF means to them.

If you would like to buy tickets, I can do a check for the next few days via mail, or you can do paypal. I will complete your tickets for you and text you an image of the completed tickets. I just need a proper name and a phone number. You can PM me or message me on facebook messenger.

What if you win?
If you are in NC, southern VA, east TN or northern SC, I'll deliver it. Otherwise, we'll figure something out.

Thanks,
Brian

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10