« Last post by Dougfish on December 12, 2017, 23:24:19 PM »
Big props!
Moving sux, selling sux.
Getting ahead?
Hellz yes!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The bar is open.... / Re: Mudwall/ Dayumson
« Last post by troutfanatic on December 12, 2017, 20:21:34 PM »
I took the GRE back in August. I took the Major Field Exam today. It sucked. Too much plant bullshit on it. My emphasis is on cellular and micro.

It didn't matter in the end. I was accepted at my top choice for master's degree as of last Thursday. I have one interview left at my current school. I am doing that out of respect for the wife, since she is alumni. I have an 8 month "break" now. Get this damn house on the market and try to get some of this fat off of me that I earned in the last two years.

cheers
The bar is open.... / Re: Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update...
« Last post by Woolly Bugger on December 12, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
More than three months after about 100,000 Atlantic salmon escaped a net pen in Puget Sound, they are still turning up strong and lively in the Skagit River.

Strong, silvery and feisty, the Atlantic salmon hit the boat deck, thrashing and thumping. It was the sixth one the Upper Skagit Indian fishing crew caught that day.

More than three months after a massive escape of Atlantic salmon from Cooke Aquaculture’s net pen at Cypress Island, Atlantics are still turning up very much alive in the Skagit River, one of Washington’s premier Pacific salmon strongholds.

Out to collect chum for broodstock for the tribe’s hatchery, the crew drifted a quarter-mile stretch of the river, putting in at Hamilton, Skagit County. They caught more Atlantics than anything else: more than coho, more than chum, more than Dolly Varden trout, more even than suckers.

Caught more than 42 miles up the Skagit in a brief fishery in just a short stretch of river, those Atlantics were surely not the only ones in the river or the region, said Scott Schuyler, natural-resources director for the Upper Skagit Indian Tribe, based in Sedro-Woolley.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/environment/escaped-atlantic-salmon-found-42-miles-up-skagit-river/
The bar is open.... / Re: Question!
« Last post by driver on December 11, 2017, 13:39:58 PM »
That fish was caught in Trump country

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last post by itieuglyflies on December 11, 2017, 13:09:03 PM »
Surprised that Trump or George Bush have not been mentioned as the cause of this trout's problem.
« Last post by jwgnc on December 11, 2017, 10:17:40 AM »
sea lamprey
« Last post by Big J on December 11, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
Crayfish?
« Last post by Yallerhammer on December 10, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »
Turtle. About 12" diameter carapace. Weighed about 11 pounds. Was hungry.
« Last post by NCsporksman on December 09, 2017, 20:42:10 PM »
Fish AIDS 100%

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Last post by Woolly Bugger on December 09, 2017, 20:11:52 PM »
What do you think caused this?
A foul hook from a dropper fly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh, was this a fish you caught?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10